General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

Pitcher Down

This is a discussion on Pitcher Down within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
Well we lost our pitcher today because of a pathetic excuse of a human being. We were up about 16 ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2007, 10:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Leading Off

Default Pitcher Down

Well we lost our pitcher today because of a pathetic excuse of a human being. We were up about 16 runs in the bottom of the 4th. I didn't see it but I guess someone on our team hit one by the pitcher and they didn't appreciate it. Anyways MR. Connecticut Jeff Davis comes up with his ASA Red Extended and hits a missle at our pitcher. He didn't have time to react and it hit him on the wrist. Im pretty sure its broken. Anyways its funny we just had this conversation 2 days ago. We protested his bat, I didn't care when they were using it before because they were swinging for the outfield. Brandt has the bat and I hope this Fucker loses everything he owns. Our pitcher is going to be out of work for a while, 10 more inches up and hes dead. Do you think this loser even apologized? Nope, all he said was I wasn't trying to hit him. Whats he suppose to say "Yeah I was aiming for him". Hes too good of a hitter not to know where the ball was going. I"m so fucking pist I can't even explain it. I had to talk myself out of doing anything stupid like throwing a punch because I'd rather see this fuck go down like a trailer park whore. The best part was when they were walking our pitch of the field and a guy from NHFH said "Middles part of the game", Lot of class. Thanks to the few guys that apologized and gave a shit

P.S. If you swing shaved bats thats fine but remember how close the pitcher is and how would you feel if you killed someone?

Old 05-12-2007, 10:53 PM   #2 (permalink)

Sorry to hear that I hope he is OK, the wrist is a bad injury and takes a long time to heal. I for one hit the middle alot and i understand but yes it is part of the game. But I would never want to hurt anyone and feel i would Quit the game if i ever did. In the end using Done bats "IF IT WAS" and hitting the middle will only cause bad things to happen. Scott has the right idea in Stamford supply the bats and you can only swing them, one day in the future it will happen hopefully before someone that we all know gets killed.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Leading Off

I hit the middle alot and I would feel bad also if I hit anyone also but at least I would know that I was cheating. Trust me Cowboy the bat was not stock and even Creative Sports said the same thing the game before. Ask Typer about the mamoth shot he saw. On field 4 hitting it over the restroom easily with a red extended. I could care less about anyone that swings a juiced bat, I would never protest unless someone purposelly shoots middle. Although they didn't think I heard anything I heard all I needed. They were getting spanked and it was done to prove a point. As far as I'm concerned he can go str8 to hell. If it was done with a legit bat I wouldn't be having this conversation. If that bat comes back and I'm told its legal then the fix is in.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
SFZ Addict

Name: Kris

Holy shit, sorry to hear that Dave. I hope your pitcher is ok. Fucking pieces of shit that need to use an altered bat.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Leading Off

Like I said if you want to use it fine but don't drill the fucking middle with it. Self proclaimed top hitter in CT and he can't swing up so he doesn't hurt anyone.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

I agree with everything you said lets just Hope The Pitcher is OK in the end because this is supposed to be a game not a war..... To me Done bats are not good and WE meaning all of us must put an end to this in the Future just not sure how to do this.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
SFZ Addict

Fuck it, middle or not, i think guys are scumbags that use them. You hear that cheaters, FUCKING SCUMBAGS. Sorry for the rant Cuse, and i hope your pitcher is ok......
Old 05-12-2007, 11:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
SFZ Addict

Originally Posted by cowboy
To me Done bats are not good and WE meaning all of us must put an end to this in the Future just not sure how to do this.

I wish i had an answer Cowboy. Unfortunately guys need their ego's stroked and use these bats....
Old 05-12-2007, 11:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Leading Off

Very simple. Use shit balls or single wall bats. It will never happen but that is the solution
Old 05-12-2007, 11:44 PM   #10 (permalink)

Bats can be supplyed at Tourneys this is the way it can be controlled,maybe we have to pay a little more for entry fee's etc but in the end it CAN work...... New Bats Today are very good and just need swings on them to be better end of story