General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

Non Softball Issue but important nonetheless

This is a discussion on Non Softball Issue but important nonetheless within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2005, 05:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
sparky

Default this should be the whole northeast...waddya think???

Rick Lilly
Administrator

CUSTOM UNIFORMS 410-388-9112

Anybody eligible yet?
Thread started on: May 31st, 2005, 11:00am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guidelines for moving up in class: At anytime during the season (after 3 tournaments) in any association, if a teams winning pct. is above .700 against same class of teams they become eligible for a re-classification vote. The committee is made up of State Directors from ISA, NSA and USSSA. A two to one vote will render a change.

Old 08-05-2005, 04:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
typerhonda

Except you are wrong here. If they were playing against worst competition all of the time then it would be true
Old 08-06-2005, 12:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
basehitter

those voting would take that into consideration...doesn't say automatic move up...but a vote to move teams up...like when all of a sudden a certain D team picks up C...well nevermind...
Old 07-18-2009, 07:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Name: Shane
Default Non Softball Issue but important nonetheless

Hi everyone,

On January 24, we found a stray dog in our neighborhood. He was emaciated and clearly looking for food....so much so that when a woman with her three children in an SUV stopped to help him, he pulled himself up through her driver's side window into the car. We stopped to assist her, and shortly thereafter Animal Control arrived. Concerned about his fate, we continuously followed up with him at the TOH shelter, going to visit him multiple times. Through the visits it became very apparent that not only was he a very sweet and social boy, but he also had clearly had some training. After a month, we decided to break him out of that place and find a home for him on our own. He has filled out beautifully and looks a far cry from the dog we found originally. The vet estimates he's between 1 1/2 - 2 years of age and he's still very much a puppy in spirit (he's always stealing my daughters' stuffed animals). He appears to be part pit bull and (we think) part mastiff. He's at about 75 lbs. with probably another 5 to go. We've had him since February so we've really gotten to know him well. He gets along wonderfully with our two dogs and is equally wonderful with our 6 and 9 year old daughters. We feel, however, because of his size (he's solid) and playful nature, he may unintentionally bump into and hurt a youngster. (My girls can deal with it, but we don't want to have to deal with upset parents of their friends). We named him "Richmond" on account of that was the street we found him on (in East Meadow). So to us, he's affectionately referred to as "Richmond Puppy". He is a beautiful animal, extremely loving, a little drooly (but he can't help that), and is fully house trained. He knows sit, down, paw, and stay. He's black with some brindle mixed in and some white on his chest and paws. We are looking for an open adoption and we would like to be able to visit him, pick his college, plan a wedding etc etc... We are even willing to provide petsitting services should his new owners go away on vacation. We also have two cats, which he's fine with but occasionally likes to chase -- you know how dogs are. We think he'd make an awesome companion for a single male or family with older kids that can deal with his size and strength. We love him very much, but already have our hands full with two dogs, two cats, two kids, and 3 snails. This dog deserves a home where he'll stay forever. He is really a beautiful dog. He is black and looks menacing but completely isn't, best of both worlds. Please PM me if you would like me to email pictures of him. For some Reason I couldn't put one here. I will put his pic as my avatar. Don't mean to clutter the board with a non softball issue but I really want to find this guy a good home. :thumbsup:

Shane

metsfan33333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 12:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Leading Off

Name: Robert

Has he ever been shaved?

And does he know the command "roll"

Got any "points" you can give for a potential dog owner?
Bono31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 01:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Name: Shane

sigh Try to do something nice....
metsfan33333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 03:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Name: Al

Originally Posted by Bono31 View Post
Has he ever been shaved?

And does he know the command "roll"

Got any "points" you can give for a potential dog owner?
Leave it to you, to say something completely inappropriate,
after a very nice story. AGAIN D-Bag
Puco24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 03:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Leading Off

oh man i wish i could take him.. if you can't find an owner my sister volunteers at an animal shelter and they are always taking in dogs that owners cant keep and what not. so if worse comes to worse and you cant fins an owner let me know and we can put him in this shelter. and the good thing about this shelter if they cant find an owner they dont put him down, they will make it his home.

:KDOGG:

Darkside CoEd
Natti17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 03:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
2011: Year if the DOGG!!!

Originally Posted by Natti17 View Post
oh man i wish i could take him.. if you can't find an owner my sister volunteers at an animal shelter and they are always taking in dogs that owners cant keep and what not. so if worse comes to worse and you cant fins an owner let me know and we can put him in this shelter. and the good thing about this shelter if they cant find an owner they dont put him down, they will make it his home.
That's my girl right there....MUST LOVE DOGG'S
Old 07-19-2009, 05:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Leading Off

Name: Robert

Originally Posted by Puco21 View Post
Leave it to you, to say something completely inappropriate,
after a very nice story. AGAIN D-Bag
leave it to you to comment on something I do. Seems like your whole world revolves around me lately. Rumor has it you like to talk about me at the bar as well.
Bono31 is offline   Reply With Quote