General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

No honor left in this great game!

This is a discussion on No honor left in this great game! within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
Hey guys, Not trying to sound like a whine ass here (( but I thought some of you would like ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2008, 04:43 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default No honor left in this great game!

Hey guys,

Not trying to sound like a whine ass here (( but I thought some of you would like to hear some of this by the conversations you have had on here regarding similar situations.

"Team Mutiny" Softball is made up of about 20 people who became really good friends while being screwed out of money over the summer playing for a person who was overcharging players to play to the tune of about 1,000.00 each season Spring,Summer,Fall etc without ever asking or telling anyone about it :no:. We all decided to move on ourselves and play ball together and have fun :hyper:. His entire group of players did the same thing last year. Coincedence, I don't think so, but anyway. We are a good men's D team and a strong recreational coed team. We are full of older players 40's and new inexperienced young players early 20's new to the game and learning to play. We played well together for our first time this fall going undefeated at 14-0 in recreational coed and now this past Saturday night finishing at 12-4 taking second place in a 3 team D - 3 team C combo league for Suffolk Saturday nights. 3 of us were D teams 3 of them were C teams.

Just as we were blown away by a Blazers team full of A,B ball players in the D Turkey Shoot Out it happened to us again this past Saturday night. We finished the regular Saturday night season in 1st place and had split our Saturday night season games with one of the 3 C teams named Hit Squad 2-2. So going into this Saturday nights Championship we had done pretty good to stay with them and were really excited as a team to try and win the Championship against a higher ranking more experienced team. We knew we had hung with them but we would have to play really well to beat them .

Well no other softball games were being played because everyone else had already finished up their seasons and rain had killed us on Saturday nights. So that means what? Everyone and their brother is available to bring down right? :scratchchin: It starts off with a great power hitter showing up for only his 2nd time all season because everything else was done. But that's ok, he is leagal according to ABA rules, it just sucked to see him show suddenly and of course he killed us. But hear is the kicker, besides the fact that they use a well known shaved miken freak to beat you as a team as it is, another player came down to play and pitch for them that is an A/B player that didn't play a single game with them all year to help steal the Saturday night Championship. :applause:

We played the best we could, our pitcher got smoked twice but luckily is ok and watched them with absolutely no expression of accomplishment or joy walk off the field simply like an assembled group of strangers with our possible championship like it was just another game. Because if you think about it, it really is nothing to talk about to guys like that so you really have to wonder why they even played and to what level some will go to win if there really was something more on the line than a simple win which they are problably to embarrased to even talk about, a cheap tee shirt and a piece of plastic.

I am personally almost 41 and have played for almost 25 years and just like most of you really good young ball players out there I wouldnt have been caught dead at a D game in my 20s to 30s let alone play in them.:no: But for those who need to play so far below their ability level and use altered bats just to shine and for the few veterans who have lost their integrity for the game by helping these young brats to win like that all I can say is we play fair andenjoy your championship.

There really isn't any true competative honor left in this game with the combination of shaved composit bats and these young superstars that have no dignity as to where and how they play. I am not jelouse of these guys talent, been there done that and they deserve credit for their talents. Just play where you belong and who you belong with using a legal bat. Is that really to much to ask before someone gets killed, seriously.

MutinyMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 04:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: Benny

i hear ya man....who is the guy that you all used to play for?...and who is your pitcher?

2007 Stingers Fall Division 26 Champions
2008 Stingers II Fall Weeknight Division 39 Champions
2010 Stingers Fall Division 20 Champions
2011 Stingers Summer Co-Champs
Benny - Stingers MGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 04:54 AM   #3 (permalink)

You know who he is Benny
Old 12-01-2008, 04:56 AM   #4 (permalink)

I pitch for our coed and a couple of our other guys pitch mens
Old 12-01-2008, 04:57 AM   #5 (permalink)

I believe you like him. It's funny that you are the first response LOL
Old 12-01-2008, 04:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
On The Team

how do you know i know him?

Old 12-01-2008, 04:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
On The Team

Originally Posted by MutinyMVP View Post
i like him,doesnt mean i agree with it....like i told someone else on that matter,everyone runs their team differently....he chose to do it a certain way

Old 12-01-2008, 05:00 AM   #8 (permalink)

you left a post for him on his web site right after we left in the summer
Old 12-01-2008, 05:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
Leading Off

Name: Robert

hey buddy, you come on here and write a book, and name some names, name the rest! Go for it!
Bono31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
On The Team

Originally Posted by MutinyMVP View Post
i think one of my guys,pitches for your mens team....i think