General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

New England Oil Bat Controversy???

This is a discussion on New England Oil Bat Controversy??? within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
What's the deal with this??? I heard that guys on that team are getting pissy about the bat accusations but ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2007, 09:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

Name: Max
Default New England Oil Bat Controversy???

What's the deal with this??? I heard that guys on that team are getting pissy about the bat accusations but then they never seem to stop. Could everybody in the world be wrong with their accusations about this team or perhaps they are actually using some altered equipment? For CT Teams to single out one team for altered bat abuse, they have to be pretty bad. I haven't played them in a while so I don't know first hand but I just keep reading the same thing. Could it be true? Was anybody there?

Bad Bats
IP: 69.182.75.63
Posted on 7/30/2007 at 01:29:03 PM by roy5 Steves

Just wondering why these people who claim they use legal bats would throw out the wrong bat to Umpire when Dante was hit if they are in fact swinging something legal? I have to say I was very surprised that J mcgee would pick up the bat act like he was warming up with it and then place it against the fence and then resto would hand the ump the synergy two when eveyone who was sitting there saw him get hit with that red extended that you tryed to move to a different spot and then you try and say it was a different extended, I give a guy like bogsy alot of credit for calling you guys out and I personally think the Umpires need to get more "Balls" you umpires who are more interested in dictating the game than you are at doing your real job witch is to make the game safer and more rully, I"ve been playing this game along time and those of you who know me, may not like me but I think that most of you know I'm not a cheater and that I would never alter equipment to win a game, when you guys from NE oil tryed to pull the old bat switcharoo on that ball hit at Dante that was rediculous, I have to tell you been playing against Dante for 15 years never heard a peep from him and some of you guys played ball with him step up be a man put your shitty bats away, if it means that much to you to win to actually risk killing somebody or even hurt somebody maybe it's time to move up to super major were you will get paid to play, but when your playing b,c,d,e its about having fun , and then going to work the next day, if your gonna use an altered bat hit it over the fence not in the infield"use your brains and start controlling your swings if you can't don't use it". One last thing for resto I'm not personally attaching you but don,t you think that a bat that sucked 10 years ago is not a bat you should be disguising yours as get a clue you might be the only who play s in CT.,New England swinging that bat, at least get it painted like a freak! velocity, are you serious?

Old 07-30-2007, 10:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Leading Off

whens the last time 95% of people were wrong?
Old 07-31-2007, 01:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Leading Off

Originally Posted by cuse6189
whens the last time 95% of people were wrong?

I'll go with NEVER!

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....you get the point.

50 million Elvis fans can't be wrong.
Big Papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 11:37 AM   #4 (permalink)

What was the bat painted as?
trumpball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 11:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
Leading Off

Not sure if anyone here knows, this was from another board
Old 07-31-2007, 12:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Leading Off

When a team plays in a U-trip tourney and swings mostly Freak 98's and is hitting the ball harder than 75% of the teams out there you know something is up. What amazes me is the pitcher swings the most ridiculous bat of them all and manages not to get killed on the mound.

Now that is not a level playing field!!
Milo33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 01:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Leading Off

They will learn the hard way, ask Jeff Davis how he's doin. Its just not worth it.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Jeff

Originally Posted by cuse6189
They will learn the hard way, ask Jeff Davis how he's doin. Its just not worth it.

What sucks is people questioning my stock Freak - though it is gross (luckily I don't hit the ball 400 ft)
jeff Mets Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 01:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Leading Off

Someone questions my bat and its legit they are getting it thrown at them and they can swing it, very simple.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
1st Place Bruins

Someone questioned my Stealth+ when we won the tourny in Torrington. Cuse saw me hit, if that is as far as I can hit with a shaved bat I should quit softball. haha
DaveTBH is offline   Reply With Quote