General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

My wife is driving me insane!

This is a discussion on My wife is driving me insane! within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
She is constantly after me to let our kid play in tournaments. He has filled in a few games for ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2011, 06:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Me
Default My wife is driving me insane!

She is constantly after me to let our kid play in tournaments. He has filled in a few games for guys that didn't show but he is not ready for tournaments and it isn't fair to the rest of the team to put him on the field instead of much better players that we have available. She doesn't get this. She also doesn't get the fact that if I don't put the best players available to me on the field then all my good players will say and go play for someone else and there won't be a team.

oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Name: Anthony

Do your buddys have kids around the same age. A guy I play with got his son and a bunch of the high school players and formed a team with them that way they can play with friends and still be at the field with him there.
meskin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Leading Off

Name: Bud

Originally Posted by meskin24 View Post
Do your buddys have kids around the same age. A guy I play with got his son and a bunch of the high school players and formed a team with them that way they can play with friends and still be at the field with him there.
Middles open bitches haha

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
Old 10-05-2011, 07:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

I did hit one back at the kid and he snapped me off. I didnt mean to though. kind of felt bad hitting at a 16 year old kid
Old 10-05-2011, 07:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Star Player

No, most of them are too young to have kids that age. If he could round up enough of his friends to get a team together, I would certainly help them out but there just aren't enough of them that play ball. That is a good idea though.

He does play league with me. I want him to play as much as possible and I look forward to when he can be a regular in tournaments but that time is still a ways off.

It just drives me nuts because there have been so many times in the past that I tried to talk him and even some of his firends into going to practice but apharently practicing wasn't cool and my wife was the first one to make excuses for them instead of encouraging them to get better. He has finally seen the light but has a long way to go. He didn't grow up playing baseball so we basically started from scratch.

I can't seem to get my wife to understand that tournaments are not the time to learn, practice is the time to learn. If you want to play, put in the work.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Star Player

Originally Posted by Fudbelty View Post
Middles open bitches haha

Middle is always open.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

women, cant live without em, they cant pee standing up
Old 10-05-2011, 07:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
Leading Off

Name: Bud

I did hit one back at the kid and he snapped me off. I didnt mean to though. kind of felt bad hitting at a 16 year old kid
Don't feel bad at all. My best fielding days were between the ages of 14 and 20 because I was taking 100 ground balls a day lol

Old 10-05-2011, 07:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Star Player

women, cant live without em, they cant pee standing up
lol, yep
Old 10-05-2011, 08:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Star Player

Only feel bad if you hit him. Anything else is either a lesson or in this case an ego boost. I love snapping fools off. Got a nice one the other day. It was in league playing a church team. I had no idea that one of those guys had played conference ball. I pitched him low and away and it came back in one hell of a hurry. I was impressed. It has been a while since one came back like that.