General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

MSnyder in da house!!!

This is a discussion on MSnyder in da house!!! within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
My name is Jeff, and I manage a men's softball team in Greenwich, CT. The good news is, we are ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2005, 07:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
themangib

Default Greenwich Softball

My name is Jeff, and I manage a men's softball team in Greenwich, CT.

The good news is, we are undefeated and solidly in first place.

The bad news is, due to injury and life changes some of our players are not able to play consistently.

I am looking for a solid fielder as a top priority, hitting comes second.

Let me know if you are intersted, we are a group of guys generally aged 28-35, and we do hang out after the games, etc. Last out buys the case of beer for the next. A strikeout in slow pitch softball also is a case of beer - it just should never happen!

Let me know: 203-249-1741

Old 06-30-2005, 05:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Max Johnson

I don't really know any good fielders...just fat guy hitters.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
chezz87

Just to give an update on The Greenwich Industrial League. 4 teams are left to start a double elimination format playoff system.

Direct Media
Post Office
Greenwich Capital II
Police

Both these games are on Thursday the 22nd
DM plays the PO (8:15)
GC plays the Police (7:15)
Old 09-21-2005, 07:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
Max Johnson

Tough game against Gary and friends. I think the PO won it last year.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
chezz87

turns out, for no reason other then to be morons, Greenwich didn't schedule a 6:15 game so the industrial league played its playoff games at 7:15 and 8:15.

In the 7:15 game, The Police got off to a quick 12-1 lead however, Greenwich Capital II fought back inning after inning to eventually take the lead in the top of the 7th only to give up the tying run in the bottom half. GCM-II's pitcher botched a 2 out s.l.o.w. roller to the mound that let the tying run in. No spin, no nothing, just a mis-hit that the pitcher fell over himself to try and field.

Said pitcher also ended the top of the 8th with a tailor made 4-6-3 DP with runners on 1st and 2nd. Fortunately for them, the Police went down in order in the bottom of the 8th and then GCM-II scored the go ahead and eventually winning run in the top of the 9th.

GCM-II advances to winner's bracket final.

The 8:15 game was between Direct Media and the Post Office. The game was scarred by several missed calls going for the PO (including a 2 run HR that was clearly foul). Before anybody jumps on me about this, the umps explanation was the ball went by the foul poll in fair territory and hit the tree beyond the poll in foul territory. I can accept that explanation except for the fact that the tree in question is in foul territory about 15-20 feet BEFORE the foul poll. Unless this is a possessed ball, I think something was wrong. Maybe we should have had some of those crappy USSSA umps from the Worlds in Florida.

The game also had a confrontation between psycho Gary and the catcher for DMI. When cooler heads prevailed, we explained to the catcher that Gary would kill him.

While the PO won and moved on, they certainly didn't deserve to win, however, neither did DMI so I guess the lesser of two evils ended up in the winners bracket final.

Tonight, the 6:15 game is the Police vs. Direct Media. Loser goes home to dry their tears. Winner fights for another day.

On a side note: after observing the 4 teams that remain in the playoffs, it is quite clear that softball in the Greenwich Industrial league has taken a BIG slide. None of the 4 teams remaining would have been able to compete as recently as 3 years ago.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Max Johnson

Chezz - email me and let me know who the catcher was.

What happened to Brunswick with Jim, Tim, Jack, ...
Old 09-28-2005, 04:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
chezz87

Monday's games were rained out and played last night.

Direct Media vs. the Police in a loser's bracket game
and
the Post Office vs. Greenwich Capital Markets-II in the winner's bracket final.

Both games were blowouts and ended in the 5th inning. DMI advances in the loserís bracket to play against GCM-II who was pummeled by the PO.

DMI vs. GCM-II tonight at 6:15 for the loser's bracket final.

Winner plays tomorrow night at 6:15 and 7:15 (if necessary) against the Post Office.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
chezz87

Loser's bracket final was uncompetitive. Direct Media romped, handing GCM-II a 17-2 defeat. GCM-II didnít come with their ĎAí game. The bats went cold and their D was adequate at best. They are a good team and will be back next year.

Next up for DMI is the Post Office for the championship. Game time tonight is 6:15.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
chezz87

Alas the season comes to an end. The storm front that blew through yesterday didn't dump too much water on the field and it was playable (Too bad for DMI).

The bats were cold. DMI didnít get a hit until the 3rd inning and didnít score a run until the 4th. Throw in another 3 up 3 down inning as well as leaving bases load twice and you get 4 runs scored in a 12-4 loss.

Maybe next year.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
KennyH123

That is just very disappointing, Chezz.

Am I correct in assuming you went 0-4?