Softball Forum - Slow Pitch Softball Forums > Softball Forums > General Slowpitch Softball Forum » it was mentioned...about a "C" player playing E's in the National...

General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

it was mentioned...about a "C" player playing E's in the National...

This is a discussion on it was mentioned...about a "C" player playing E's in the National... within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
well ,actually what happened was there was a "C" tourney in RI and there were NO "C" teams available so ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2007, 11:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
SFZ Legend

Name: sparky
Default it was mentioned...about a "C" player playing E's in the National...

well ,actually what happened was there was a "C" tourney in RI and there were NO "C" teams available so they bumped softballsuppliments.com up to C's from E's...so the all tourney player really is an "E" player...or so i think...do ya's follow???that way "D" teams could get their double points...it's happened elsewhere too...right or wrong???

http://www.usssa.com/sports/Tourname...amentID=378681

this was their E tourney...

http://www.usssa.com/sports/Tourname...amentID=362274

"it's all about ME!!!"
sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 02:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
Leading Off

Not sure Randy but they play in my weekday league and Softballsupplements has been an E team for the past 2 years. It might be a typo.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
SFZ Legend

Default no

Originally Posted by cuse6189
Not sure Randy but they play in my weekday league and Softballsupplements has been an E team for the past 2 years. It might be a typo.

it's not a typo...i'm sure they are an E team but knew they were only playing in that second tourney and got moved up to C's only to give the D teams double points...no big deal...i'm actually pointing out that this ballplayers is an E player not a C player...

"it's all about ME!!!"
Old 08-28-2007, 02:31 AM   #4 (permalink)

Name: Mike

Originally Posted by Randy Jr.
well ,actually what happened was there was a "C" tourney in RI and there were NO "C" teams available so they bumped softballsuppliments.com up to C's from E's...[/url]
Sparky - an explanation may be that at the time of this tourney, Harkin was classified as a C team. If you post it on RISoftball.com, Brian C may respond as he is usually pretty good about answering questions raised.
Firm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 02:34 AM   #5 (permalink)

It does look like they were credited with less points in the Bud Light tourney than other E teams that they finished higher than though.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
SFZ Legend

Default i didn.t ask a question...

Originally Posted by Firm
Sparky - an explanation may be that at the time of this tourney, Harkin was classified as a C team. If you post it on RISoftball.com, Brian C may respond as he is usually pretty good about answering questions raised.

but i see why they got bumped...not too happy with RIsoftball right got nothing to say to BC....i do see the one C player but that should have bumped the to d's...hey, maybe sean ohara is illegal after all...they got bumped up for the players they picked up from other C teams...or former C teams...

"it's all about ME!!!"
Old 08-28-2007, 02:54 AM   #7 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Randy Jr.
but i see why they got bumped...not too happy with RIsoftball right got nothing to say to BC....i do see the one C player but that should have bumped the to d's...hey, maybe sean ohara is illegal after all...they got bumped up for the players they picked up from other C teams...or former C teams...
Two guys on their listed roster have played c's that I know of, but I don't know if they played that weekend. I think they just play with them in the Warwick league and play with National/pollock on the weekend.
I was only offering a possible explanation.

And although you aren't too happy with RI Softball what can you say about Valley Motors? They came out of no where to win the E's. No one was naming them as favorites in that tourney.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
SFZ Legend

Default nope

Two guys on their listed roster have played c's that I know of, but I don't know if they played that weekend. I think they just play with them in the Warwick league and play with National/pollock on the weekend.

And although you aren't too happy with RI Softball what can you say about Valley Motors? They came out of no where to win the E's. No one was naming them as favorites in that tourney.

yes ,congrats to them...didn't get a chance to see them play...some say they have an on-off switch...

"it's all about ME!!!"
Old 08-28-2007, 03:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

Name: Max

I think picking up 2 pollock law guys would be very helpful in an E tourney. Could explain why nobody was predicting them to win and yet they did.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:10 AM   #10 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Max Johnson
I think picking up 2 pollock law guys would be very helpful in an E tourney. Could explain why nobody was predicting them to win and yet they did.
I was talking about Softballsupplements havin 2 Pollock /NAtional guys on their roster , not Valley Motors.