Softball Forum - Slow Pitch Softball Forums > Softball Forums > General Slowpitch Softball Forum » McLeod Landscaping Bat Controversy in the New Hamp E NIT

General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

McLeod Landscaping Bat Controversy in the New Hamp E NIT

This is a discussion on McLeod Landscaping Bat Controversy in the New Hamp E NIT within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
Well I think this keeps the streak intact for locally confiscated bats to 3 weekends in a row. We know ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2007, 04:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

Name: Max
Default McLeod Landscaping Bat Controversy in the New Hamp E NIT

Well I think this keeps the streak intact for locally confiscated bats to 3 weekends in a row. We know the first one was illegal. The jury's out on the 2nd one. This one sounds pretty suspicious. Kudos for those with the stones to protest the bats!!!

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW A TEAM CAN HAVE 2 BATS TAKIN FROM AN NIT TOURY BY THE LEAGUE DIRECTOR FOR NOT BEING LEGAL. AND STILL BE ALLOWED TO PLAY AND WIN THE TOURY.
You want details, well you got um baby... said team was mcleods landscaping who won the E nit yesterday, and had one bat taken at the beginning of the tourney.. then suspicion of using a shaved bat all day until about 9pm when there fire hydrant outfielder smashed one off the 1st basemen of Luarretti. funny thing happened next, the umps took the grey synergy flex asa bat I might add and asked the whole team who's bat it was so the guy who owned it stood up and said it was his, oh wait no he didnt nobody stood up they must have found it on the way to the field, bunch of pussys who have the balls to cheat every game but when called on it don't say a fuckin word, sackless pieces of shit. funny thing happened after that bat was taken from the game they scored 2 runs on errors after and the other bats sounded alot different oh yea by the way 8 out of 10 guys used said bat.. BUNCH OF CHEATIN PUSSYS
IT WAS 10 OUT OF 11 PLAYERS USING IT AND AFTER THE SECOND WON WAS TAKEN THEY HAD 2 RUNS. PLEASE TELL ME HOW A TEAM USES THE SAME BAT 10 OUT OF THE 11 PLAYERS. IT'S NOT RIGHT. YES EVERYBODY DOES IT BUT WHEN YOU GET COUGHT YOU SHOULD FORFIT THIS IT THE PROBLEM WITH SOFTBALL IS IT GOING TO TAKE SOMEONE GETTING HURT VERY BADLY BEFORE SOMETHING IS DONE. IT IS CHEATING AND THEY STILL GET AFREE BERTH TO THE WORLD FOR CHEATING IT IN NOT RIGHT AND DIRECTORS NEED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT SOON
MCLEOD LANDSCAPING WAS THE TEAM BEFORE GAME 1 STARTED THEY HAD BAT TAKEN FOR BEING SHAVED THAN HAD A SECOND BAT TAKEN THAT WAS DONE UP THAT HURT A PLAYER FROM LAURETTI MIZZY AND STILL WIN THE TOURY. EVERYBODY KNOWS THEY USE SHAVED BATS AND THE GOT COUGHT WITH IT. THEN NOBODY SAID IT WAS THERE BAT IT JUST SHOWED UP AT THE TOURY IN THERE BAT RACK

Old 06-10-2007, 05:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Leading Off

Max, these guys are either the unluckiest team in softball or the dumbest. At this point I am not sure.

They put their bats out to be checked prior to their first game and one was removed by the umps. I am unclear what their reasons were. However, when questioned, Mclouds stated that it belonged to a player that wasn't even there. At least that's the story that was going around. So that bat never made it into play.

The course of the day went on and several players from multible teams were talking, asking, and complaining about the other bat that Mclouds was using. At which point a player asked one of the umpires, "what exactly has to happen before that bat gets taken?" The ump stated, " we chacked it, it appears to be ok, so now it's up to the director" Said ump called the director and asked him to report back to the field because another Mclouds bat is being questioned. This is when a player from Lauretti and Mizzy was injured from a line drive off of this bat. The bat was immediately confiscated by the director.
Big Papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 05:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

You have to hope that if the second bat is found to be altered that the runner up will be the winner of the tourney.
tron22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 05:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

Agreed. They'd have to pass the bid down if the 2nd bat is worked. Show some fucking balls.

Was the Lauretti guy that got hit the 1B? Tall black guy? We played them in Vernon this year and it was like the movie Final Destination. Everything hit to that side of the field would hit a rock or fly off of the tree or anything to redirect at his head. I told him he needed to go home and hide for the rest of the day. He was getting some ridiculous hops.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
SFZ Addict

Name: Kris

Originally Posted by Max Johnson
Agreed. They'd have to pass the bid down if the 2nd bat is worked. Show some fucking balls.

Was the Lauretti guy that got hit the 1B? Tall black guy?
Yeah, that was him...
Old 06-10-2007, 09:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Leading Off

yes indeed, that was the guy, he was playing well that day as far as I saw. But, the ball that hit him was filled with piss and rocket!
Old 06-10-2007, 09:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
SFZ Legend

Name: sparky
Default ummm

0 hr's in E's...why do you need a juiced bat...??? so you can check swing a hit ???

"it's all about ME!!!"
sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 09:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Leading Off

Randy even if they allow unlimited HRs in every division there is no need for a juiced bat.

These guys that are using them are pathetic.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
SFZ Legend

Name: sparky
Default sorry...

Originally Posted by Big Papa
Randy even if they allow unlimited HRs in every division there is no need for a juiced bat.

These guys that are using them are pathetic.
i disagree,...it used to be ok for upper players because they got bat control AND they would hit for the bombs....no bombs here in our division...so the intent is much differant...

"it's all about ME!!!"
sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 09:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

That refers more to A or major players rather than B or C players. Those guys are good enough to be disillusioned enough to think they have the bat control they don't have plus they are limited with their HR's. Major players have zero HR limit not to mention when you're on that level, you do whatever you want to do...it's not going to affect me at all.