General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

by by majors....


This is a discussion on by by majors.... within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
this should push even more teams DOWN... Conference USSSA to Expand It sounds like the Conference will expand because of ...




Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2008, 12:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
SFZ Legend
 
sparky's Avatar

 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Name: sparky
Location: double wide
Posts: 16,161
Default by by majors....

this should push even more teams DOWN...



Conference USSSA to Expand
It sounds like the Conference will expand because of problems with all of the A teams going broke and west coast teams being forced to travel too far for weekend play.

In 2010 USSSA will do away with the Major program and put together an approximately 28 man elite player list. Each A team will be able to carry 2 of the elite players.This is when Resmondo's contract with Worth expires.




sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 01:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
SFZ Addict
 
Gags's Avatar

 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Name: Kris
Location: Agawam
Posts: 10,361
Default

Originally Posted by Randy Jr.
this should push even more teams DOWN...



Conference USSSA to Expand
It sounds like the Conference will expand because of problems with all of the A teams going broke and west coast teams being forced to travel too far for weekend play.

In 2010 USSSA will do away with the Major program and put together an approximately 28 man elite player list. Each A team will be able to carry 2 of the elite players.This is when Resmondo's contract with Worth expires.

I don't know, this may be a good thing and level the playing field. May actually have players or teams move up. This may be a good move.
__________________
:Boston_Red_Sox: :Pittsburgh_Steelers :Boston_Bruins: :Boston_Celtics:
Gags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 01:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
SFZ Legend
 
sparky's Avatar

 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Name: sparky
Location: double wide
Posts: 16,161
Default umm

Originally Posted by Gags
I don't know, this may be a good thing and level the playing field. May actually have players or teams move up. This may be a good move.

don't get your point... but if there's 28 players coming down that 28 players they will be replacing...where do you think those 28 players are going to go???then keep it going down as it keeps filtering down... thats just certain players...nevermind the WHOLE teams that will move down because they can't afford those certain 28...
sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 01:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
1st Place Bruins
 
DaveTBH's Avatar

 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 8,563
Default

Originally Posted by Gags
I don't know, this may be a good thing and level the playing field. May actually have players or teams move up. This may be a good move.
Would you be considered elite?
DaveTBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 01:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
SFZ Addict
 
Gags's Avatar

 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Name: Kris
Location: Agawam
Posts: 10,361
Default

Originally Posted by Randy Jr.
don't get your point... but if there's 28 players coming down that 28 players they will be replacing...where do you think those 28 players are going to go???then keep it going down as it keeps filtering down... thats just certain players...nevermind the WHOLE teams that will move down because they can't afford those certain 28...

I guess we'll just wait and see coach...
__________________
:Boston_Red_Sox: :Pittsburgh_Steelers :Boston_Bruins: :Boston_Celtics:
Gags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 01:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
SFZ Addict
 
Gags's Avatar

 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Name: Kris
Location: Agawam
Posts: 10,361
Default

Originally Posted by DaveTBH
Would you be considered elite?
no...
__________________
:Boston_Red_Sox: :Pittsburgh_Steelers :Boston_Bruins: :Boston_Celtics:
Gags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 02:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member

 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Name: Dan
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 264
Default

Originally Posted by Randy Jr.
don't get your point... but if there's 28 players coming down that 28 players they will be replacing...where do you think those 28 players are going to go???then keep it going down as it keeps filtering down... thats just certain players...nevermind the WHOLE teams that will move down because they can't afford those certain 28...
Devil's advocate, just because 28 players are coming down doesn't mean 28 players they are replacing will move down. The concept here is if you divide the talent their will be more teams involved. So instead of 3 Major and a handful of A teams. You will now have 14 teams with Major level players (2 per team).
dychen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 05:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
SFZ Legend
 
sparky's Avatar

 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Name: sparky
Location: double wide
Posts: 16,161
Default .................

Originally Posted by dychen
Devil's advocate, just because 28 players are coming down doesn't mean 28 players they are replacing will move down. The concept here is if you divide the talent their will be more teams involved. So instead of 3 Major and a handful of A teams. You will now have 14 teams with Major level players (2 per team).

yup just like the new england list was supposed make more upper teams...funny there are 14 "A" teams that got points this year... i still say at least two teams of "A" players move down...which will filter players down from that particular division too... but at least they are trying something... didn't see the elimination of AA ball help the situation any so i don't see this helping either...
sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
1st Place Bruins
 
DaveTBH's Avatar

 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 8,563
Default

Think any of them want to play on the Seeds?
DaveTBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
SFZ Legend
 
sparky's Avatar

 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Name: sparky
Location: double wide
Posts: 16,161
Default ...........

Originally Posted by DaveTBH
Think any of them want to play on the Seeds?
better find a big time sponsor...it's also going to run the prices of ballplayers up!!!


yes they get paid up there!!!
sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:22 AM.