General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

Louisville vs easton bat review

This is a discussion on Louisville vs easton bat review within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
What's up guys. Just joined. From jersey shore area been playing for about 5 years now and love the adult ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By leftyjunkballer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 12:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Zachary
Default Louisville vs easton bat review

What's up guys. Just joined. From jersey shore area been playing for about 5 years now and love the adult competition haha. I consider myself a fairly strong hitter with great lag and power. I want to run through some items regarding bats and comparisons
I just bought my first bat this year(not knowing a whole heck of a lot other then how to hit the ball hard and around the field) I bought the black easton b3.0 asa balanced bat
I'm part of 2 leagues one is asa and other nsa
My asa easton in my asa league was/is a great bat and I consistently hit line drives no higher then 20 feet that hit the fence and I can smoke this bat wherever I want on more line drives. Home run swings I feel like I'm leaving some power behind
Now the easton bat in the nsa league I play has a little harder time hitting further but still a great line drive bat

Recently some of my teammates starting swinging a buddies slugger z2000 the beige end load 34/27 asa. They would hit then out around 290 barely and I was like wow hmm am I actually losing power. I couldn't have believed so. Next game I was in my groove probably 7 for 7 at this point. I asked to use it and didn't hesitate at the first swing and at about 3/4 pop bang the furthest ball hit today well over 300 maybe close to 330-340 feet. Needless to say I was intrigued. This was in nsa btw but bat rated for asa ( apparently all asa bats good for all leagues)... Bringing me to my point
I just bought the usssa slugger end load 34/27 (could have went 28) not the asa version. I've heard some mixed things about what I just did. 1. Ahould have I gotten the asa or will my usssa be hotter then the asa version?? My main question ? The nsa league just compression tests bats and I thought the asa weren't allowed. You can see my complete confusion now on this matter. I think this is a great deal of good info for athletic players like myself who are just below tournament players but still play a great game. Ok open for discussion.
Zak. "Zippy"

Zippynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

Name: TJ

...too long a story for bat selection. If it feels good when u swing it, use it. Im a TPS guy. Old school, oppo hitting ON base kinda guy. I just want it to feel good off the bat.
defos likes this.
leftyjunkballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: Ken

You need the appropriate stamp for the league you're playing in is the bottom line. A lot of stamp changes in the last couple years has made for a lot of confusion. Either way ASA and NSA bats are closer in performance but I still give the edge to NSA bats. Compression testing is just something you'll have to deal with, just means you'll have to sell and buy new or releagte it to a bp bat before it dies.

Sent From Greatness

34/30 Club

Repping gloves in NorCal
chrometip78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: CB

That’s pretty simple check the ASA & NSA approved bat lists. You see it on there your good
Play NSA Website
ASA- too lazy to find the website

Now passing compression tests is a whole other deal. Pretty much if you pass you pass if you don’t you don’t.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote