General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

lotta good discussion on New England Board

This is a discussion on lotta good discussion on New England Board within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
Maybe we can bring some of it into this one too???? Here's some of the links.... Kinda where it started... ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2007, 07:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default lotta good discussion on New England Board

Maybe we can bring some of it into this one too???? Here's some of the links....

Kinda where it started...
another topic that got into it...
continuation of both...

JayDub: if i had that bat on Sat morning i could have stuck it in the ground and dried up my field
lombo34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 07:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
SFZ Addict

Name: Kris

Yeah, Big Papa was making things happen over there...
Old 08-22-2007, 07:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

but really there's been some people getting on the same page with the whole idea of why teams won't move up, and other teams continue to move down...

JayDub: if i had that bat on Sat morning i could have stuck it in the ground and dried up my field
Old 08-22-2007, 07:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
SFZ Addict

Originally Posted by kill_it_34
but really there's been some people getting on the same page with the whole idea of why teams won't move up, and other teams continue to move down...
I know, i read it. It was a great discusion. Like you said, lets get into it over here...I'll pick this up later after work...
Old 08-22-2007, 07:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
1st Place Bruins

Papa is doing a good job. I don't need to interject. That and I don't know enough about it all.
DaveTBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 08:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
SFZ Addict

Originally Posted by DaveTBH
Papa is doing a good job. I don't need to interject. That and I don't know enough about it all.

yeah right, you're probably player x....
Old 08-22-2007, 08:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
1st Place Bruins

Originally Posted by Gags
yeah right, you're probably player x....
Haha

You of all people should know I wouldn't hide who I am. I have no shame. I hate the set up of the other board too. Too much clicking.
DaveTBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 08:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Leading Off

Name: Mike

I'm not sure what it's like in Connecticut as far as competition, but for downstate NY, we always have real good competition amongst the locals. We always have good games against, cable, arsenal, nationals, AMC. We haven't run into Abble this year, but usually when we do play them it's a good game (with the exception of last years states, thanks for the ass kicking).

If you look at where it stand right now, up until abble and aqua played in B states, the top 7 or 8 teams were within a hundred or so points of eachother.

Would we love to move up? Hell yea, especially as our group of younger guys gets more acclimated to the game, hitting styles etc. But anytime we've played up, we've taken a sincere ass kicking. (Universe, you guys gave us one last year). So we feel until we do a lot better during some tournaments we play up in, we're not moving up for shit. We have better things to do with our money. Maybe this is a horrible way of looking at things, but it's our general feeling.

We have a bunch of friends that do play up (no, they don't play tourney ball with us) and it's great to watch and we'd all love to be at the level. Eventually. It's just not going to happen right now. Some of us have been together for a while now, but I can only count a handful of guys that are still playing with us since we started doing tournaments. This group we have now is basically all brand new, and obviously with the way we've played so far this year, we can make some noise and start thinking about the moveups.

Oh, and the one guy did make a good point about hanging out and watching other local teams. We enjoy that. We get along fairly well with most of the local teams, and we always check out there games and they come down and check us out. Hell, mac from abble got drunker then we have in a while when he watched us. It was great!

I honestly don't ever see these arguments going away, I think you'll always see a reclassified team dropping down because "it's just a bunch of old guys coming down for fun" who turn out to be monsters who crush balls and make insane plays. I mean, we played against Moose from gas heaven a year or two ago in an "E". The excuse was "well, the guy is almost 50". Yea, a 50 year old who can still out hit and field most of the 20 and 30 somethings out there.

Until there is a legit player classification, we'll be arguing over this for years to come.

Good luck to everyone this weekend. Maybe I'll see some of you guys there.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

ok, fine...but if we can get ALL of the levels evened out and fair...then you wouldn't have as much of a problem. The bottom line is that E is a level for newer teams to get acclimated to the tourney circuit...teams shouldn't be able to play E for more than 2 years. If that's the case, and more of the real C teams that are playing D move back to C, and so on up the ladder...you'd be fine in D...

Old 08-22-2007, 08:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Leading Off

Name: Mike

Originally Posted by kill_it_34
ok, fine...but if we can get ALL of the levels evened out and fair...then you wouldn't have as much of a problem. The bottom line is that E is a level for newer teams to get acclimated to the tourney circuit...teams shouldn't be able to play E for more than 2 years. If that's the case, and more of the real C teams that are playing D move back to C, and so on up the ladder...you'd be fine in D...
I agree with that, because most of the teams we're playing now would be moving up with us. There might be a couple of legit "d" teams that stick around, but wouldn't you agree a majority of the teams playing "D" could be "C" teams?