General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

Looking for Running a Tournament Help...

This is a discussion on Looking for Running a Tournament Help... within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
Hey guys, First time post. So im very new and if this needs to go in a different category or ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2015, 04:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Princess
Question Looking for Running a Tournament Help...

Hey guys, First time post. So im very new and if this needs to go in a different category or anything, let me know or if a mod can move it id appreciate it...

So, Im looking to start my own team with a bunch of my buddies for next season, and every team does a brat fry fundraiser... ... I mean everyone... you would have a bunch on the same day, every week until season starts... So doing that isnt really a money maker anymore, and with a brand new team, we are gonna need some cash flow to get team bats, unis players fees etc paid off. (no one wants to pay outta their own pocket now, do they? lol)

I wanted to go outside the box, and do a softball tourney. Not one team does it. There are tourneys the league puts together and ive helped in a few, However i never ran one myself or put one together....

Goal is to run this at low cost as possible, obviously to profit, however i know that it wont be free.. We would get as many donations and such as possible, to raffle and sell. I would have the team umpire so we dont have to pay others to do it, etc.

Im doing this now to get an idea of what all goes into putting one together, what else i need to do other than the brackets, concessions, raffles, etc? How do i go about doing this so its not a huge failure?! Because if its successful, i would like it to be a yearly thing for the team...

The complex that im trying to organize this in has three diamonds if that helps with anything for your ideas or info....

Thanks a ton

HunterPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 10:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

Name: Jordan

Are you running the concessions or is the complex?
Jtepn87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 10:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

We would work an agreement with the complex that we would run the concessions.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

Are they charging you rent on the fields?
Old 07-03-2015, 03:20 PM   #5 (permalink)

It would be $150/day. For the park rental. With a 500$ returnable deposit. I would also have to have a two million insurance policy which they guessed at about 600. But those numbers are not set in stone. Or ingptta get info for becomming ussa sanctioned tourney, and then insurance is covered by them. Not sure what yet. The other thing is remting the concessions. That doesn't have a set number either. But i know our sponsors would prolly help out a bunch with the start ups.

I'm trying to get that info. We are selling bratfey raffle tickets to raise awareness of the fry and tourny. Plus the team entry fee. I plan for it to ba a one pitch tourney. (One ball you walk, one strike. Your out) even home runs. So if you hit one. You gotta wait till the other team hits on until your team can hit another. But as a thing i was gonna do 5$ wrist band per game per person to hit unlimited HRs. So if you think you can hit more great get one before the game. If your sucking and not hitting like you usually do, then don't het one for next game.

Those are my ideas i want to run.

Sorry fir typos if any. I'm on my phone.
Old 07-06-2015, 04:45 AM   #6 (permalink)

Looks like you have most of it figured out. You're tourney is bigger and more official than anything I have been involved with, outside of playing in.
Old 07-07-2015, 09:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

Basicly I'm looking if anykne has any experience good or bad so that i can learn from them. Any opions on how to go about a one pitch or any other kind of tourny besides the basic rules. Something fun.

Tags
fundraiser, tournament, tourney