General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

Looking for a new bat

This is a discussion on Looking for a new bat within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
Hey guys, New to the forum and kind of new to the slow pitch world. I grew up playing baseball ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By defos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2015, 11:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Justin
Default Looking for a new bat

Hey guys,
New to the forum and kind of new to the slow pitch world. I grew up playing baseball and started playing slow pitch about 3 years ago. I am currently playing in an ASA league. My current bat of choice (and has done well for me) is the easton salvo orange and gray model. I am looking to find a bat that is just as good and wont break the bank to much. I dont want to spend over $250 for a new bat. I am currently looking at either the new salvos, jeff hall series, and the demarini bats. What is yalls opinions? You incite and knowledge is greatly appreciated!

Setty

setty7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 12:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

Name: Fred

Today it depends on what ball you are using as a lot of the new ASA only bats are made for the 52 core softballs.

If they are using the 52's IMO the Miken Freak52 is one of the better ones and can be had for under $200.00
PST CLUB MEMBER #1

28.5 oz Ligit ASA HD52 Jeff Hall Reload
28 oz PST98 (BP Bat)(Actual weight 29.2 oz)(BP 22 1/4")
28 oz Worth WS23 (Actual Weight 29.8 oz)
28 oz Worth Black EST (BP 20 3/4") (Actual weight 28.8oz/BP 20 3/8")
27 oz Combat Virus Morphed (Actual wight 27.4 oz)
marlsrsoftball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 02:00 AM   #3 (permalink)

Name: Duane

Originally Posted by marlsrsoftball View Post
Today it depends on what ball you are using as a lot of the new ASA only bats are made for the 52 core softballs.

If they are using the 52's IMO the Miken Freak52 is one of the better ones and can be had for under $200.00
Can't go wrong with the Freak52. One teammate got one last year, and another bought this year's model. I just got an Easton Mako Realtree ASA model. I've only used it in 5 or 6 at-bats against live pitching, but maybe 150 off the tee. Balls fly farther off the tee with the Easton vs my Miken 2014/15 Psycho. It will be interesting to see how it hits after it's broken in next summer. The Easton Realtree retails for $350, but one sold on ebay for $122 + shipping last night. I paid $150 for mine (had a coupon), also from an Easton dealer selling on ebay.
oppo likes this.