General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

looking for a bat that wows people

This is a discussion on looking for a bat that wows people within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
I have a few bats in my arsenal I've got Demarini distance double wall 28oz balanced Demarini fu dawg 26 ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2014, 06:33 AM   #1 (permalink)

Name: chas
Default looking for a bat that wows people

I have a few bats in my arsenal I've got
Demarini distance double wall 28oz balanced
Demarini fu dawg 26 oz endload
Demarini juggernaught (newest one black for the .52 ball) 28oz endload
Easton s1 26oz balanced
Easton b3 just got this haven't swing it yet 27oz balanced
Miken maxload 750 black and green 26oz endload

I have warning track power but haven't found a bat that has wowed me yet does anyone have a bat that people just go wow that's got great pop I read a lot of posts on here first place that I've found that people just sound lime they really know what there talking about. I run my team and personally buy any bats that get used and am looking for something that is just insane I prefer the 26 oz I have the 28 endload juggy that just doesn't get used by anyone

hirtz54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 06:50 AM   #2 (permalink)

Name: Mike

Maybe it's you and not the bat.
LSX Freak likes this.
TrainWreck209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
hb2
Mod'ing aint Easy

Name: Jay

Agreed
LSX Freak likes this.
hb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 01:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

Name: Clint

^same...

There are a few bats on that list that I have used personally with great success and that team mates have used with great success. Sure, each person swings differently but in this case, where you have a few different brands of bats, the problem most likely is with the Indian and not the Arrow.

I have done some good hitting with the weakest bat on that list (demarini distance). I have also done some great hitting with the cousin of that Easton B3 (I use easton L5, same bat just endloaded, USSSA model). I just picked up a Demarini Juggernaut and liked it well enought in BP the other day as well as with my new Combat DBU.

I think you should get some more live action BP with your bats, figure out which one you do the best with and stick with it. Not everyone can shoot frozen ropes out to 400ft or put on lime green laser shows every tuesday and thursday. Hone the skills you have, if you're a 'warning track power' kind of guy, use all of that power to hit the ball hard into the grass at about 110 ft and get your ass on base.
oppo and defos like this.
DocB04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 03:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

Name: andy

new miken DC-41 end of story!!!
2014 Worth Legit Resmondo 28oz
andjayik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 05:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

Name: chas

I agree I hit ball fantastic at beginning of year and seems toward the end of the year and numerous bp sessions my swing goes to crap think my prob is mostly bp pitching I pitch for my team so when its my turn in bp nobody can be consistent and get it near the plate so I end up swinging at crap balls and ruins my swing I didn't like the juggy just because of the weight.
hirtz54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 06:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
hb2
Mod'ing aint Easy

Name: Jay

More push ups brah
hb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Me

Originally Posted by DocB04 View Post
^same...

There are a few bats on that list that I have used personally with great success and that team mates have used with great success. Sure, each person swings differently but in this case, where you have a few different brands of bats, the problem most likely is with the Indian and not the Arrow.

I have done some good hitting with the weakest bat on that list (demarini distance). I have also done some great hitting with the cousin of that Easton B3 (I use easton L5, same bat just endloaded, USSSA model). I just picked up a Demarini Juggernaut and liked it well enought in BP the other day as well as with my new Combat DBU.

I think you should get some more live action BP with your bats, figure out which one you do the best with and stick with it. Not everyone can shoot frozen ropes out to 400ft or put on lime green laser shows every tuesday and thursday. Hone the skills you have, if you're a 'warning track power' kind of guy, use all of that power to hit the ball hard into the grass at about 110 ft and get your ass on base.
Words of wisdom

Originally Posted by hirtz54 View Post
I agree I hit ball fantastic at beginning of year and seems toward the end of the year and numerous bp sessions my swing goes to crap think my prob is mostly bp pitching I pitch for my team so when its my turn in bp nobody can be consistent and get it near the plate so I end up swinging at crap balls and ruins my swing I didn't like the juggy just because of the weight.
As a pitcher myself, this is very frustrating. I throw everyone else high, low, flat, lots of arc, inside, outside, down the middle, or whatever they want to work on but when I get up there, I am just praying that every once in a while something will be close enough to swing at.

" Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest"
-Mahatma Ghandi
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Name: Aaron

wow trailer park bitches with some sick bat control.
fleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Name: B

Is this a disguised 'I want a dirty bat' thread? dlmk
Stork is offline   Reply With Quote