General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

Las Vegas Big League Dreams

This is a discussion on Las Vegas Big League Dreams within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
Went to hit at Big League Dreams batting cages and to check out the fields. I was suprised that the ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2011, 05:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Name: ed
Default Las Vegas Big League Dreams

Went to hit at Big League Dreams batting cages and to check out the fields. I was suprised that the fields are 100% outdoor carpet. BLD is in old Vegas and in the slums, but the facility is spotless.

Stratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 05:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Nate

im hitting the lottery and opening one of these.
n8ss03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

Originally Posted by n8ss03
partners?

Check it out.
Matty_Z23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Star Player

no doubt. i told my wife already. I even have a piece of land picked out lol. no i gotta work on that lottery thing.

thinking a four field complex, sportsbar in the center and two soccer/football fields. one field will be coors field styled dimensions and can be used for baseball as well. Gotta make that money.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
On The Team

no doubt. i told my wife already. I even have a piece of land picked out lol. no i gotta work on that lottery thing.

thinking a four field complex, sportsbar in the center and two soccer/football fields. one field will be coors field styled dimensions and can be used for baseball as well. Gotta make that money.
Good luck on making money on it. I have thought about doing this a lot. Especially everytime I drive by the eyesore that was once the Vernon Sportsplex. Having it be outdoors in New England makes it very difficult because you are paying a mortgage on land that isn't being used for 4-5 months. The sports bar in the center can also be a money pit. It is a great supplement in the summer but hard to maintain in the winter because of the size and well winter months. It is doable but it can just as easily go down the drain and take a lot of money with it.

I am hoping you hit the lottery and open this place because New England softball could really use it. And it would be your money that would be at risk instead of mine...
Starwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Star Player

yeah its a pipe dream. id have to actaully win the lottery though.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:47 PM   #7 (permalink)

I've been to Vegas for NSA worlds. The fields they use are great, but I'd sure love to see them utilize BLD as one of the sites.
Outlaws#5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Star Player

oh and house rules. youre suspected of swinign dirty you put the money up and we cut it right there.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
On The Team

oh and house rules. youre suspected of swinign dirty you put the money up and we cut it right there.
Better yet, include in the league and tournament cost a small fee for bat reimbursement. A team has one freebie to call out a bat. After that they are responsible for reimbursement up front. There will be a whole lotta cutting going on each weekend. Just make sure you have your lawyers look into how to do this without liability for yourself.
Starwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: Todd

what do you realistically think you're complex would cost to build, land included?
Hater18 is offline   Reply With Quote