General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

J3A vs Recoil vs ASA D.B. vs Wanted, BP

This is a discussion on J3A vs Recoil vs ASA D.B. vs Wanted, BP within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
J3A 800ish cuts, Recoil 2000ish cuts, orange D.B. 500ish cuts, Wanted 400ish cuts. My BP bucket is mostly .40 & ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2013, 10:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Kent
Default J3A vs Recoil vs ASA D.B. vs Wanted, BP

J3A 800ish cuts, Recoil 2000ish cuts, orange D.B. 500ish cuts, Wanted 400ish cuts. My BP bucket is mostly .40 & .44 balls.

J3A < Recoil < Wanted < orange ASA only DB

J3A was by far the hottest of these four, not even close, I don't know who the Demarini folks paid off to get an ASA stamp on these, wonder what it cost 'em. Don't know how these are legal.

Very dissapointed in this orange Combat, don't buy the hype, we all like the Wanted better and it had better distance.

Recoil, we know how these hit the hard balls, but the J3 easily had more distance.

tobenamedlater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
SFZ Supporting Vendor

Name: Smarkley

I really like the Orange DB but I think the EL is to heavy, I cant swing it constantly, Wanted to try Wanted but like the J3A. Then I picked up a RD28, wow. Have a Mercy on the way. As for Mikens, I like the Soul ASA Ultra,, have a killer 25 oz recoil and like my NRG500 25 oz maxload the best outa all the Mikens. So far the RD28 rules.....
Old 09-04-2013, 07:12 AM   #3 (permalink)

Name: Samantha

Could probably get more out of the J3, but GTG here for sure!
Old 11-03-2013, 12:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

Name: Corey

I have never hit a homerun in my life. I just bought a new J3A and took three of them over the fence and that was with around 50 swings on it.
tbrad1 likes this.
quigley2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: Ken

So the J3a is the least of the bunch eh?

This just illustrates that the new bats are all good enough to compete with the best OG's and the stick that fits your swing best is the best for you regardless of ball.

34/30 Club

Repping gloves in NorCal
chrometip78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:59 AM   #6 (permalink)

Originally Posted by chrometip78 View Post
So the J3a is the least of the bunch eh?

This just illustrates that the new bats are all good enough to compete with the best OG's and the stick that fits your swing best is the best for you regardless of ball.
I put the arrows the wrong way. And an update, J3 still the hottest, not even close but they don't hold up at all, we've gone through about 10-12 of the 27's so far. Just kill the ball, ridiculous, but they fall apart after a couple hundred hits. I busted the orange DB quick, got a wanted, neither come close to the Demarini's, or the recoil.

Where I'm at now, I'm not buying another ASA only bat, too fragile, and I'll never buy another Combat, DB didn't last and this wanted with not even 100 hits has about had it, rattle stick, no distance compared to my RD's, recoils, & the J3's which nothing can touch as long as they last.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: Ken

I was just pulling your chain about the arrows.

I haven't noticed the dramatic difference between bats like you have, rather they are all good and extremely competitive, just a matter of what fits you best. I think the J3a is a great bat but it doesn't do anything more than my Fu, just a matter of which I swung first. Only reason I'm not swinging any more pre-abi's is the last of them broke and I'm not taking the time to break in another. Derby Boys was an awesome bat even though the one I swung was a 26, probably would have made that my stick if I swung it first in my weight. I've watched multiple people smash with what I know to be stock Mercy's but I can't hit the ball to save my life with it, 200' pop ups all day. Just find what fits your swing best and they will impress.

34/30 Club

Repping gloves in NorCal
chrometip78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

Name: Jesse

Originally Posted by tobenamedlater View Post
I put the arrows the wrong way. And an update, J3 still the hottest, not even close but they don't hold up at all, we've gone through about 10-12 of the 27's so far. Just kill the ball, ridiculous, but they fall apart after a couple hundred hits. I busted the orange DB quick, got a wanted, neither come close to the Demarini's, or the recoil.

Where I'm at now, I'm not buying another ASA only bat, too fragile, and I'll never buy another Combat, DB didn't last and this wanted with not even 100 hits has about had it, rattle stick, no distance compared to my RD's, recoils, & the J3's which nothing can touch as long as they last.
What kind of balls do you BP with? Do you really hit that hard? I cannot break my Wanted ASA even hitting 48 COR balls in the cold and I'm not what I'd consider a judy. Different strokes for different folks I suppose. I didn't like the j3a I swung, my DBU out hit the one I swung.
LSX Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

Originally Posted by LSX Freak View Post
What kind of balls do you BP with? Do you really hit that hard? I cannot break my Wanted ASA even hitting 48 COR balls in the cold and I'm not what I'd consider a judy. Different strokes for different folks I suppose. I didn't like the j3a I swung, my DBU out hit the one I swung.
.40 & .44 core balls in the BP bucket. I only hit BP with stuff I'm breaking in, gamers are for games. These ASA only sticks get a round or two but not much. The old big boys, Reapers, Recoils, OG Eastons, etc. took a lot of hits to open up, that was half the fun, hitting a lot and feeling them go from logs to gamers. This new stuff, take the wrapper off and it's ready.

Last edited by tobenamedlater; 11-14-2013 at 02:30 AM.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:28 PM   #10 (permalink)

Name: Jesse

My DBU and DBA both lasted me 1,500 swings hitting mostly 44's. Swung them in the cold as well and they never skipped a beat. My Wanted ASA is coming up on 1,000 swings and the last at least 500 have been with 48 COR balls in 60 degree and lower temps. I guess I just hit like a bitch.
LSX Freak is offline   Reply With Quote