General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

It's funny we quote "rules are rules" yet....

This is a discussion on It's funny we quote "rules are rules" yet.... within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
.....there is no rule about shooting middle yet it's always a bitchfest. There is no rule about a runner shouting ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2007, 05:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Jeff
Default It's funny we quote "rules are rules" yet....

.....there is no rule about shooting middle yet it's always a bitchfest. There is no rule about a runner shouting "I got it" when there is a flyball in the infield yet it's frowned up.

I feel the same way about about protesting players in softball - it shouldnt be done - if you're afraid to play them , don't be in the tourney, if you're afraid that you might get tired, get in shape.

The rules seem to be in place to benefit lower teams - why shouldnt I be able to protest D players in the C states? Why do they get to play 2 days and I don't?

Maybe my team was tired from playing a 39-26 game against a D team just before the C Winner's bracket final?

jeff Mets Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 05:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Leading Off

Originally Posted by jeff Mets Fan
The rules seem to be in place to benefit lower teams - why shouldnt I be able to protest D players in the C states? Why do they get to play 2 days and I don't?

This is one of the reasons we moved down 4 years ago, every week we would play the same old 5-6 teams and it was truelly aggrevating. Besides not doing well against those teams we wanted to play in bigger tourneys with different teams. It really doesn't pay to play up because they are so few (B/C) teams in the area.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
1st Place Bruins

Originally Posted by cuse6189
This is one of the reasons we moved down 4 years ago, every week we would play the same old 5-6 teams and it was truelly aggrevating. Besides not doing well against those teams we wanted to play in bigger tourneys with different teams. It really doesn't pay to play up because they are so few (B/C) teams in the area.
It won't matter next year, you'll be retired.
DaveTBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 05:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
SFZ Addict

Name: Kris

I guess thats the price you pay for being a better ballplayer.
But you make a good point...
Old 08-08-2007, 05:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Leading Off

Originally Posted by DaveTBH
It won't matter next year, you'll be retired.

Your right but that doesn't mean I won't watch some tourneys and forget softabll, I will probally be back but it will not be anytime soon. Here my exact point on this matter

New England Teams

B Teams- 6
C Teams- 97
D Teams- 849
E Teams- 1920

Whats wrong with this picture?
Old 08-08-2007, 08:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

Name: Max

.....there is no rule about shooting middle yet it's always a bitchfest. There is no rule about a runner shouting "I got it" when there is a flyball in the infield yet it's frowned up.

I feel the same way about about protesting players in softball - it shouldnt be done - if you're afraid to play them , don't be in the tourney, if you're afraid that you might get tired, get in shape.

Maybe my team was tired from playing a 39-26 game against a D team just before the C Winner's bracket final?
If the C states were Sun instead of Sat and for example I played on my team on Sat and there was some C team shitty enough to need me, you'd certainly be able to protest me. I couldn't play with another team unless I was released by my team and then I couldn't go back to them. It has to do with the order of the events. I can be released and then move up whereas you couldn't be released to move down, but I still don't think that could/would happen quickly enough (ie Sat night between the 2 tourneys) for me to swap teams legally.

You can play two tourneys but the problem is that there aren't enough B teams in the area. You could play C states and then the NorthEast B states. There are your two tourneys. The B teams are now playing C and the C teams are playing D so the #'s are diminished up top.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Jeff

The situation was totally:

Shine 52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

Name: Max

The protest? You're very anti-shaved bat so who gets to pick which rules are important and which aren't?
Old 08-08-2007, 08:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: jimmy

I read the other post and an ILLEGAL player is an ILLEGAL player...same as a bat or whatever...break the rules and pay the price...too fucking bad it isn't done more...I would have done the same...

JIMMY34
JIMMY34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:57 PM   #10 (permalink)

Default So.........

Originally Posted by JIMMY34
I read the other post and an ILLEGAL player is an ILLEGAL player...same as a bat or whatever...break the rules and pay the price...too fucking bad it isn't done more...I would have done the same...

JIMMY34
Good thing JD doesn't speed or ever take a pen from work that's not his ??
We are talking about a B State tourney where the team who protested is:
a) Already going to the C Worlds based on their points.
b) Has seen the guy play 3 GAMES before they said a peep.
c) The put-together team was not in it for the berth...they were playing softball to .......play softball !!
d) They had lost once, so they were not an overpowering team.

While we are on the rules part......I think I touched the WHITE bag and not the ORANGE bag on my infield single against Ambrosio, I'm sorry I cheated.