Softball Forum - Slow Pitch Softball Forums > Softball Forums > General Slowpitch Softball Forum » Interesting Post on the Balls They Used at USSSA Worlds

General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

Interesting Post on the Balls They Used at USSSA Worlds

This is a discussion on Interesting Post on the Balls They Used at USSSA Worlds within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
From the other board Food 4 Thought IP: 72.90.82.15 Posted on 9/28/2008 at 11:07:56 AM by ........... 2008 "E" Worlds ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2008, 04:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

Name: Max
Default Interesting Post on the Balls They Used at USSSA Worlds

From the other board

Food 4 Thought
IP: 72.90.82.15
Posted on 9/28/2008 at 11:07:56 AM by ...........

2008 "E" Worlds (East)
6.8 avg. runs scored per team (8.3 in 2007)

9.2 avg. runs by the winning team
4.3 avg. runs by the losing team

2008 "E" Worlds (West)
7.9 avg. runs scored per team (13.4 in 2007)

11.1 avg. runs by the winning team
4.8 avg. runs by the losing team

2008 "D" Worlds
7.8 avg. runs scored per team (10.2 in 2007)

10.7 avg. runs by the winning team
4.9 avg. runs by the losing team

2008 "C" Worlds
11.8 avg. runs scored per team (10.3 in 2007)

15.3 avg. runs by the winning team
8.2 avg. runs by the losing team

2008 "B" Worlds
10.1 avg. runs scored per team (12.7 in 2007)

13.7 avg. runs by the winning team
6.6 avg. runs by the losing team

Softer Ball(as used in 2008 Worlds) for EVERY USSSA tournament in 2009. New Game???
In comparison to 2007 Worlds run totals, there's a 2-3 run total difference, on average at each level except for "C". Not sure what's up there, but the entire thing kinda makes you think.

Opinions ??

Old 09-29-2008, 05:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
On The Team

2008 "D" Worlds
7.8 avg. runs scored per team (10.2 in 2007)

10.7 avg. runs by the winning team
4.9 avg. runs by the losing team

2008 "C" Worlds
11.8 avg. runs scored per team (10.3 in 2007)

15.3 avg. runs by the winning team
8.2 avg. runs by the losing team
Im no doctor or anything but it seems like b teams drop to c this year and increased the runs per game with the ball being like this.. in a better climate like michigan you are going to get more runs.. ball flys up there compared to Florida... so i would have to say bagging and cooler climate = more runs.. not like any local d teams moved to c

"When we play against the real good teams, I'll pitch and when we play the not so good teams you can pitch". Thanks guy.
Dirty3B20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 12:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: Richard

Originally Posted by Dirty3B20
Im no doctor or anything but it seems like b teams drop to c this year and increased the runs per game with the ball being like this.. in a better climate like michigan you are going to get more runs.. ball flys up there compared to Florida... so i would have to say bagging and cooler climate = more runs.. not like any local d teams moved to c

with all the accused sandbagging C teams playing D, wouldn't one think the avg runs scored would increase? How are we going to take the "SHINE" off of this one?
Rebjr30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 12:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Jeff

The balls were majority of the difference. Look at the scores from last years C Worlds. Used a 44 core Worth Super Gold Dot w/ Yellow cover in MI. Balls were better by 10 fold, even in middle of the day. Plus the weather....

Reb, why do I even bother....
Shine 52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 12:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
On The Team

Originally Posted by Shine 52
The balls were majority of the difference. Look at the scores from last years C Worlds. Used a 44 core Worth Super Gold Dot w/ Yellow cover in MI. Balls were better by 10 fold, even in middle of the day. Plus the weather....

Reb, why do I even bother....
we used that shit ball 40 core.. but i think in the long run it probably helped us out..

"When we play against the real good teams, I'll pitch and when we play the not so good teams you can pitch". Thanks guy.
Dirty3B20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 01:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Dirty3B20
we used that shit ball 40 core.. but i think in the long run it probably helped us out..
Its all about hitting base hits nothing more,nothing less... Just like a baseball game (SMALL BALL) Take the walks,move the guy's over,go the other way,a sac fly here and there... Simple right
Old 09-29-2008, 01:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

Originally Posted by cowboy
Its all about hitting base hits nothing more,nothing less... Just like a baseball game (SMALL BALL) Take the walks,move the guy's over,go the other way,a sac fly here and there... Simple right
I think that's how we won game 4 (4-0) and game 5 (6-1). With the wind gushing in, we took our walks, hits and scrafices. We did play great defense all tournament - especially our outfield! In game 6, with the wind blowing out (Osceala), the final was 16-13. It made a difference.

boggsy
Boggsy (Sweitzer #19)
---------------------------------
Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?
boggsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 02:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Leading Off

Cowboy, well said my man! If you can't be a team player and do everything you need to do to win (walk, sac fly, advance runners) then you are always going to be one step behind the Top of the class in any division, baggers or not! It's not a hard game to play or understand and if you do all of the little things (the basics you learn in little league) you will be a successful team.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:40 PM   #9 (permalink)

Originally Posted by MSnyder
Cowboy, well said my man! If you can't be a team player and do everything you need to do to win (walk, sac fly, advance runners) then you are always going to be one step behind the Top of the class in any division, baggers or not! It's not a hard game to play or understand and if you do all of the little things (the basics you learn in little league) you will be a successful team.

There are to many(I) players in today's game and thats the problem,its a team sport. This is why alot of teams cant stay together for just 1 full season. Just 1-2 (I) players can take a whole team down. I take notes all the time and watch it first hand... Its tough in today's game to get everyone on the same page but if you can it can be alot of fun....
Old 09-29-2008, 02:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Leading Off

There are to many(I) players in today's game and thats the problem,its a team sport. This is why alot of teams cant stay together for just 1 full season. Just 1-2 (I) players can take a whole team down. I take notes all the time and watch it first hand... Its tough in today's game to get everyone on the same page but if you can it can be alot of fun....
That's why every team needs a Cowboy!