General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

Happy Birthday BillIE! (BGies13)

This is a discussion on Happy Birthday BillIE! (BGies13) within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
In my area, all of our leagues play single games. Each town schedules 3-4 games/night and each team gets one ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2005, 07:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Max Johnson

Default Does your league play doubleheaders or single games?

In my area, all of our leagues play single games. Each town schedules 3-4 games/night and each team gets one of them. None of this BP shit before games...you're lucky if you have enough room on the sidelines to loosen up during the game before you. As soon as one game is finished, you get hollered at to take the field.

Only our fall leagues have double headers - I guess they figure once you're all bundled up you might as well play two.

Jimmy said that all Long Island leagues play doubleheaders and that single games weren't worth showing up for.

Old 02-04-2005, 09:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
MarlSrSoftball

We play all double headers. Because we are so spread out it doesn't make sense to play 1 game. 1 local 50+ league plays only single games but being a recreational league, if you go down to field you can usally play for another team in the 2nd game scheduled.
Old 02-06-2005, 02:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Jimmy34

You my friend are very deprived...there are actually 2 leagues here that have single games...Long Beach (games have very high scores and usually 1 game you can get 5-6 ab's) and they have a bunch of really good teams and a reachable (the guys who should hit the long ball only) fence in RF...very good balls only bats you can't use are Synergy's and Miken's...

The other is an SB12 league and only the lower levels play single games...starting to go to DH's once in a while because all other leagues play DH's...

Either move or start your own league...you will make TONS if you go to DH's and all the other leagues play single games...

JIMMY34
Old 03-10-2005, 10:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
TheFranchise4

Our leagues are 10 game season.... year round = 5-6 seasons.
One game per night, Mon-Fri. 645,745, or 900 are our game times. We have one double header and one bye week each season.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Halter91

OUr better league only has single games. The league we won last year hasd single games for a few weeks, then 3 weeks of double headers, then back to single game. Another league has double headers. I actually like the double headers.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Swurgen

I would definitely prefer doubleheaders but it doesn't happen around here except in fall ball. This way by the time you get loosened up and ready to go the game is over too quickly - especially if you're playing a shitty team.
Old 03-10-2005, 08:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
G0BST0PPER

Marl's leagues all play doubleheaders cause they gotta get the games in when all the over 90 guys are there...

they may not make it till tomorrow.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
SFZ Addict

Name: Devin

How'd this get bumped without a new post?

2 leagues, both doubleheaders.

In My Bag
The Crimedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 01:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
Leading Off

NYC leagues play single games only, and they're often on a very strict time limit. Oh, and they're with clinchers, and the fields overlap.

LI leagues, with very few exceptions, are double-headers.

Hence why I'm willing to drive out to Long Island to play.
DavidK44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 01:43 AM   #10 (permalink)

Name: Beersy

doubleheaders on the weekends down here...weeknight are single games...this thread is old?!
Beersy is offline   Reply With Quote