General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

Fighting in Softball

This is a discussion on Fighting in Softball within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
Why do people really take it this seriously? So, I'm playing in a tourney in Norfolk on Saturday. We need ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2014, 02:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Clint
Default Fighting in Softball

Why do people really take it this seriously?

So, I'm playing in a tourney in Norfolk on Saturday. We need to win two more games to win 1st place. A team that we played earlier in the day had been shooting middle the whole time on us and we hadn't really retaliated. We had a couple of dingers get close to the pitcher but once they started doing it on purpose in the second game, our great hitters went off. My SS got up and pegged the pitcher hard right in the shins, nearly knocked him over. Well he got thrown out at first off the bounce from his legs and yells at my guy saying 'you're not gonna f-ing say anything?' My SS yells back 'i don't have to say s--t'. Well our SS charges the mound (well met pitcher half way, kind of charged each other) and a huge fight erupted. It was broken up and then started off again and again for about 5 minutes. Cops came, one of our guys got hit with a bat, all kinds of stupidity.

No, I didn't get involved. My career is more important than fighting with people over hitting middle.

Cliff Notes - People hit middle on us all day. When we do it back they get pissed and start fight. Why such big deal?

DocB04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 02:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
hb2
Mod'ing aint Easy

Name: Jay

Stupid really. Middle wars dont end up good.
hb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 02:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

no they don't. The guy that hit the pitcher also put a first baseman out of the game, not on purpose, he just hits that hard. The first baseman attempted to catch a line drive at his knees on glove hand side. The ball hit the pocket of his glove, the glove came off. First baseman picked up the ball, touched first and then walked off the field.

The guy that has been doing the hitting, really hits hard. It's seriously dangerous sometimes. Guys that play infield that know him, play very deep into the grass.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Me

...because some people are just stupid and immature. As for middle shots in general, trying to hurt someone over a game is stupid and inexcusable. That said, it is part of the field and balls coming up the middle is just part of the game. If you can't protect yourself, don't toe the rubber.

As an a couple of old men have said...

"If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck."
"If you must fight, make sure you win."

" Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest"
-Mahatma Ghandi
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 06:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: CB

Your team mates are retarded.

What's the big deal with middle? You have a glove and you have equipment to protect yourself if you want. Middle is an easy out
oppo, elbman and DocB04 like this.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 07:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Me

Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Your team mates are retarded.

What's the big deal with middle? You have a glove and you have equipment to protect yourself if you want. Middle is an easy out
I use this new invention made from leather. I think I heard it called a glove or something. I have never really understood why guys apologize after I snap them off.
defos likes this.

" Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest"
-Mahatma Ghandi
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 11:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

Name: Duane

My current pitcher, and our former pitcher, both WANT the ball hit back at them, no apologies necessary.

Some guys do hit hard enough to be dangerous. I was playing 2nd a couple of years ago, and a guy hit one back up the middle - ss side of 2nd - that I didn't even see until just as it left the infield. I've seen him hit the ball deep before, but never as hard as he was hitting that day. It was late Sept/early Oct and he hadn't played all year due to an injury. Said he had 7 months of not playing to make up for.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Name: B

Hit middle hard with a stock bat, whatever. But aiming for a pitcher instead of grass/dirt is asinine.
oppo and defos like this.
Stork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 12:40 PM   #9 (permalink)

It wasn't us that had the problem. My team mates just responded to their atitude about middle being open or whatever. But yes they are idiots and I won't be playing with those guy anymore.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:53 PM   #10 (permalink)

Name: Phillip

Fights in softball are goofy, ejections suspensions and possible arrest. but then I have almost always had at least 1 police officer or more on teams I have played on.
Snowblind is offline   Reply With Quote