General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

everything that is wrong is slowpitch today

This is a discussion on everything that is wrong is slowpitch today within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
played in a charity tournet at Colt Park in Hartford for the childrens hospital... co-ed tourney volunteer umps no sliding ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2011, 01:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default everything that is wrong is slowpitch today

played in a charity tournet at Colt Park in Hartford for the childrens hospital...
co-ed tourney
volunteer umps
no sliding
can over run the bases
can only tag from third
each team can only score 5 runs and inning..
kind of fucked up rules but its a charity tourny..
Playing the Hardford PD team.....our 3rd baseman gets trucked, they are grabing or tripping our base runners and then tagging them out, taking off running when the pitcher starts the pitch. they last two outs of a 2 run game...they call the deaf girl tagging from 3rd out for leaving early and then claim the guy that burned thier out field for a triple didnt touch second. Then celebrate like they won the fucking world series or something

playing in a mens singlewall league in Enfield yesterday.....I notice the other team is swinging an Easton Salvo...I point out that it is a composite bat, bat is tossed and the player is ejected. The other team goes ape shit...spent the rest of the game shooting middle, at one point one of thier guys charged the mound and squared up on our pitcher....at the end of the game a few guys refused to shake our hands...telling us to go fuck ourselves and the only reason we won was because they only had 9 guys (they had 10 and had to play with three when 1 was ejected) said it was a bush move calling out the bat...then said they were going to challenge our White Steels because they sounded shaved.... really fucking pathetic..

"When the time to perform is at hand, the time to prepare has passed"

"In a bacon and egg breakfast, the chicken is involved, the pig is committed.......be the pig"
lark72power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
SFZ Legend

Name: sparky

Originally Posted by lark72power
played in a charity tournet at Colt Park in Hartford for the childrens hospital...
co-ed tourney
volunteer umps
no sliding
can over run the bases
can only tag from third
each team can only score 5 runs and inning..
kind of fucked up rules but its a charity tourny..
Playing the Hardford PD team.....our 3rd baseman gets trucked, they are grabing or tripping our base runners and then tagging them out, taking off running when the pitcher starts the pitch. they last two outs of a 2 run game...they call the deaf girl tagging from 3rd out for leaving early and then claim the guy that burned thier out field for a triple didnt touch second. Then celebrate like they won the fucking world series or something

playing in a mens singlewall league in Enfield yesterday.....I notice the other team is swinging an Easton Salvo...I point out that it is a composite bat, bat is tossed and the player is ejected. The other team goes ape shit...spent the rest of the game shooting middle, at one point one of thier guys charged the mound and squared up on our pitcher....at the end of the game a few guys refused to shake our hands...telling us to go fuck ourselves and the only reason we won was because they only had 9 guys (they had 10 and had to play with three when 1 was ejected) said it was a bush move calling out the bat...then said they were going to challenge our White Steels because they sounded shaved.... really fucking pathetic..

game should have been over when they couldn't replace the tenth guy...have to finish with what you started with unless it's an injury...

"it's all about ME!!!"
sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:58 PM   #3 (permalink)

I have never seen anyone get that mad becasue they got caught cheating...

"In a bacon and egg breakfast, the chicken is involved, the pig is committed.......be the pig"
Old 07-18-2011, 02:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Jeff

Originally Posted by lark72power
I have never seen anyone get that mad becasue they got caught cheating...
this happened my first night in New Haven...I just told the ump he couldn't use that bat and the ump looked at it and said I was correct. No ejection was necessary, simple misunderstanding.

As far as the game ove comment, many towns have their own rules...we start with 9 in many leagues which you can't in ASA play otherwise
jeff Mets Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 02:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
SFZ Legend

Default ....

Originally Posted by jeff Mets Fan
this happened my first night in New Haven...I just told the ump he couldn't use that bat and the ump looked at it and said I was correct. No ejection was necessary, simple misunderstanding.

As far as the game ove comment, many towns have their own rules...we start with 9 in many leagues which you can't in ASA play otherwise

it's clearly in the rules...and i said you have to finish with what you strted with...i've played in league where we played with 8 guys too... but if you start with ten you have to finish with ten unless it's an injury... talking about finishing the game not starting it..

"it's all about ME!!!"
Old 07-18-2011, 02:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Star Player

Originally Posted by Randy Jr.
it's clearly in the rules...and i said you have to finish with what you strted with...i've played in league where we played with 8 guys too... but if you start with ten you have to finish with ten unless it's an injury... talking about finishing the game not starting it..
like I said some towns make up their own rules...Clinton makes that spot an automatic out whether it be ejection, injury or he just left.

my starting the game comment was just an example of how towns have their own rules...try and keep up
Old 07-18-2011, 02:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

in Enfield the player is ejected and suspended for the next game.... the guy claimed he was ejected in the first inning so he missed the whole game....should count as his suspension

Old 07-18-2011, 02:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
SFZ Legend

Default ...

like I said some towns make up their own rules...Clinton makes that spot an automatic out whether it be ejection, injury or he just left.

my starting the game comment was just an example of how towns have their own rules...try and keep up

actually they are called "league by laws" which supercede the asa rules... never played in any league that threw out that rule... but i'm sure you've been around a lot longer ... clinton has a stupid by law... if thats even true... many umps seem to love to make up thier own rules... if it's an injury it shouldn't even be an out unless that rule was abused...also it's stupid to let them keep playing when an ejection occurs with no on bench... guess i'll avoid clinton and thier stupid rules...lol

"it's all about ME!!!"
Old 07-18-2011, 02:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
Star Player

Originally Posted by Randy Jr.
actually they are called "league by laws" which supercede the asa rules... never played in any league that threw out that rule... but i'm sure you've been around a lot longer ... clinton has a stupid by law... if thats even true... many umps seem to love to make up thier own rules... if it's an injury it shouldn't even be an out unless that rule was abused...also it's stupid to let them keep playing when an ejection occurs with no on bench... guess i'll avoid clinton and thier stupid rules...lol
yeah it's stupid to not punish everyone else because some moron gets thrown out

softball is supposed to be fun, not some event for dorks like you to protest to win a league game....in clinton we just want to play and have fun, so stay away shitbird

"if that's true"....been a while but GO FUCK YOURSELF
Old 07-18-2011, 02:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
SFZ Legend

Default oic

yeah it's stupid to not punish everyone else because some moron gets thrown out

softball is supposed to be fun, not some event for dorks like you to protest to win a league game....in clinton we just want to play and have fun, so stay away shitbird

"if that's true"....been a while but GO FUCK YOURSELF

just stating the rules in the book... one i agree with... yes it's supposed to be fun...i'm sure the game lark played was a lot of FUN... sounds to me like it would have been more FUN in the parking lot with a few beers than fighting a whole game and having the same rulebreakers(oh wait i guess we can pick and choose which rules are good or bad from metsfan) shooting at pitcher because they couldn't use thier plastic bat... that a TEAM thing and yes the team should have forfeited game for not having a tenth...it's the rule...i didn't make it up...

"it's all about ME!!!"