General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

Ever heard of this start time?

This is a discussion on Ever heard of this start time? within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
Got my schedule last night for my mens fall team. This league has always had start times starting at 6pm ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2013, 03:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Gern
Default Ever heard of this start time?

Got my schedule last night for my mens fall team. This league has always had start times starting at 6pm through 9:30pm. This season we have games starting at 4:50. I doubt a single 4:50 game will be played, I'm guessing there will be forfeits every time. Ever heard of that for a Monday start time?

Chimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Me

The earliest I can recall offhand is 6:20. I don't think there is any chance at all that 4:50 start time is correct. Somebody screwed up.

" Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest"
-Mahatma Ghandi
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

Originally Posted by oppo View Post
The earliest I can recall offhand is 6:20. I don't think there is any chance at all that 4:50 start time is correct. Somebody screwed up.
This league is always trying stuff. They try to get a Saturday coed league going every season but they never get enough teams. They're the only league in teh area that does a winter league. They removed the 9:30 games from fall league and replaced them with this ridiculous 4;50 game. I'm sure there are a lot of outraged people.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: CB

Earliest I've played is 6:15 & that was a B getting there with enough warm-up time. That's a screw-up on someones part. I'd get everyone to talk to the league director & bump it up.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:57 PM   #5 (permalink)

Name: Clint

I've played games at 5:00. But that was a military on base league. Probably half of those were forfeits as well.
DocB04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

Originally Posted by DocB04 View Post
I've played games at 5:00. But that was a military on base league. Probably half of those were forfeits as well.
Damn, we've got 2 of these idiotic 4:50 start times. 2 games down the drain.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Name: B

4:50 is pretty stupid. One league later in season goes to 5:30 cuz there are no lights. And people are still scrambling to get there and we really don't have traffic to speak of like the city.
Stork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Name: B

Where in the Bay are you? When I left there was a lot of traffic and I don't imagine that has changed.
Stork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
SFZ Supporting Vendor

Name: Crunoz

I've heard of that start time but one league is an airport league where all games are played on one field, the other is a cop league. As for unspecialized leagues, that's unheard of for weekday games.
[email protected]
(917)400-4673
DS_CrunozSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:58 AM   #10 (permalink)

Name: Phillip

for weekday earliest i have played at was either 6:30 weekends i could see that time. Friend had games on tuesday at 9:30 am but was a restaurant league.
Snowblind is offline   Reply With Quote