General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

Enfield Softball League

This is a discussion on Enfield Softball League within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
The Enfield Softball League is a turd! Every week, every game something different. Different ball, different rules as we go, ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2008, 12:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Leading Off

Thumbs down Enfield Softball League

The Enfield Softball League is a turd! Every week, every game something different. Different ball, different rules as we go, just bullshit.

Couldn't get in all of our regular season games, nor did they try in my opinion. You can't field a team, no worries we will just tell the other team the games are cancelled. I say fuck that if you can't field a team you lose! Sponsors are paying something like $850 or $900 to play in this league and now they want answers. None are coming is my guess.

From what I understand this league has played 9 inning games in stead of double headers for years. Fine by me that was fun. But, low and behold the playoffs start and the dude running the league decides to switch back to 7 innings and uses a different ball. No biggy there either I guess both were shitty.

The problem I have is, our game Monday night was played on a very poor field due to the rain the day before I'm sure. If we wanted to get the game in, we had to tend the field ourselves. However, the fields have been tended by the town all year. All of a sudden they don't show up for the end of season games. Drove out there again tonight only to be told we couldn't play because the field was under water. What the fuck! And it is a very good chance we don't finish the season. GRRRRRRRRRRRR! Very disappointed!

Old 09-11-2008, 03:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Leading Off

OH! did I mention they suggested that we play our first game of the double header at 8 or 8:30. The guys sent to ump would try and get the field ready. One last thing after all that the lights didn't work. Nice 20 minute ride for all of that.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Star Player

papa, come play in my league next year. It will be worth the drive.....

Jay Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Leading Off

Originally Posted by Jay Dub
papa, come play in my league next year. It will be worth the drive.....

Jay, what league is that???