General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

Don't you love juggling?

This is a discussion on Don't you love juggling? within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
My main coed team plays tonight. One guy is out. Another guy told me last night his soccer team plays ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By oppo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2014, 06:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Gern
Default Don't you love juggling?

My main coed team plays tonight. One guy is out. Another guy told me last night his soccer team plays teh same time so he can't play. 2 girls are out. Another girl emails me and says she doesnt' want to play because she's hurting from last week still. I get a replacement guy. The soccer guy tells me today his soccer game is early and he can barely make the softball game. I've got emails to a couple other girls to see if one of them can play tonight. I have to tell my replacement guy he's not needed now. I'm not even sure if my injured girl is going to show or not becuase she hasn't returned emails. I'm not even sure if I'm going to have the right amoutn of girls because I can't get responses to emails. And we're playing one of the best teams tonight. LOL

Isn't managing fun!!!

Chimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: CB

Thatís the way my Monday night team has been. Iím helping the manager put together half team every week. Seriously I have to help scrape up 4-5 guys every Monday no lie.

No one wants to pony up cash to play, chip in for game balls, etc.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

Name: Kris

This is my second season managing this kind of bullshit and I'm already about ready to call it quits.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:10 AM   #4 (permalink)

Name: Duane

Our leagues start Sunday May 4. New schedulers at Park and Rec aren't giving us schedules until the coaches' meeting Wed April 30. No way to know if they even got us in the requested time slots (11 to 3 or 3 to 7). At least we don't play Fridays. They only get 48 hrs notice before their 1st game.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

yeah, it's incredible how the selfish people are who just can't grasp the fact other people are relying on them.

So I have 2 guys and 2 girls out, give me notice, everything's cool. Then a third girls says "I'm sore, I'd like to sit out unless you need me, I'll be there." I said, "yes, we need you, I already have 2 girls out - won't have enough if you don't come."

No response from her the rest of the day. Then 2 hours before the game, I get six texts of rambling incoherent babble along with "I'll still come if you need me." Yes, please come out, we need you, we will only have 8 if you don't show.

She emails me "I'll still come out if you need me, do you still need me?" Yes, I raelly need you. Please come. I don't get to play if you don't come.

I call her. Get voice mail, leave a message.

She never shows. Now I'm certain she had no intention of coming, just was hoping I'd say "don't come, it's okay." I hope I don't hear from her again, she sitll hasn't apologized or anything yet. The team was furious last night (but no one more than me of course)
Old 04-24-2014, 10:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Me

I don't miss this kind of bullshit at all. I went from running 3 teams to zero. It is really nice to just show up and play.
elbman likes this.

" Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest"
-Mahatma Ghandi
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 04:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

Originally Posted by oppo View Post
I don't miss this kind of bullshit at all. I went from running 3 teams to zero. It is really nice to just show up and play.

Yup. My mens team is actually fairly easy to run this season. I only have one idiot. He's the worst player on the team (who won't be back for sure). He was a noshow one game (oh, I forgot - "my mom was sick and I was sick and my grandma's in the hospital" - not kidding, he actually said that) and has been late twice. His excuse for being late was that he was coming all the way from the next town over, which is 5 minutes away and closer than 90% of the other players on the team.

Everyone else on the team has been great. So it's nice to have one easy to run team.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:54 PM   #8 (permalink)

Update on idiot girl: So she never did email me back why she wasn't there or anything. Game tonight. Again, I ahve two other girls sick so I email the idiot and ask her if she's coming. No response. So clearly she decided last week when she was sending me nutjob texts she was done. So she paid $65 bucks to play 2 games. What an idiot.

So I'm trying to find a girl to replace her tonight. May be playing with 8 again and now it's against the best team.