General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

Deciding on a league

This is a discussion on Deciding on a league within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
LOOKING TO PLAY YONKERS,TARRYTOWN,WHITE PLAINS,GREENBERG,IRVINGTON, ETC AVAILABLE ALL NIGHTS AND SATURDAYS NO SUNDAY MORNING.... STICKBALL BABY .... CAN BRING PLAYERS ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2005, 03:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
STICKBALLER 9

Default WESTCHESTER

LOOKING TO PLAY YONKERS,TARRYTOWN,WHITE PLAINS,GREENBERG,IRVINGTON, ETC AVAILABLE ALL NIGHTS AND SATURDAYS NO SUNDAY MORNING.... STICKBALL BABY .... CAN BRING PLAYERS TO FORM A TEAM OR CAN COME ALONE...FORMER CHAMPIONS IN TARRYTOWN 3 YEARS IN A ROW AND WE ONE 2 YEARS AGO IN WHITE PLAINS INDUSTRIAL LEAUGE CONTACT MIKE WALSH 914 557 5668

Old 02-27-2005, 04:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Max Johnson

Old 01-19-2009, 03:49 AM   #3 (permalink)

Default Deciding on a league

I'm trying to decide which league to register my team in this summer. Because of town residency requirements and non-composite bat leagues, I've narrowed it down to Island or ABA and maybe New Alliance. I've been in all 3 of these leagues before, ABA and Island most recently. It's been 7 years since I've been in New Alliance so I don't remember much about it. Does anybody have feedback on that league? Their site says they have Brookhaven fields. Where? Any news on ABA making some rule changes with rosters?

:New_York_Jets::New_York_Yankees:
jeff cicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: Benny

come play ABA....yeah i know i know

funny thing: at the awards dinner,ABA's Scott and I were talking and he says "Benny,i take care of you right?....im good people right?....

i said "yeah of cousre Scott"....

he said "i dont know,whats up with this website?...i hear we are getting bashed"

i said "nahhhh scott,you the man" :thumbsup:

he said "i am the man arent i"

so shhhhhhhhhhhh He lurks!!

2007 Stingers Fall Division 26 Champions
2008 Stingers II Fall Weeknight Division 39 Champions
2010 Stingers Fall Division 20 Champions
2011 Stingers Summer Co-Champs
Benny - Stingers MGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:01 AM   #5 (permalink)

Name: Joe

My team played New Alliance last year, and it was miserable. My co-ed and mens teams both got screwed in the fall. Our Co-ed team was in 2nd place, and we ended up with the 4th seed in the playoffs. Our men's team had a game called 5 minutes before the time limit when down one run going into the 7th, and that game cost us the playoffs. No to mention, you don't find out where/when your games are until about 3 days before the game. Another guy I know had to forfeit his championship game, because it got rained out so much and all of a sudden, the day of the game, he's called by the league office that there's a game and if they can't get down to the field they forfeit.

We're playing in ABA this year, because in the past I've had a good experience with the league. As far as New Alliance, me and my friends won't be playing there anytime soon.
Gallops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:08 AM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks Benny. I have nothing bad to say about any league or owner here. Just trying to decide where to go. I've been around ABA a long time and have no problem with the Glasman's. I guess every league has it's pro's and con's.

:New_York_Jets::New_York_Yankees:
jeff cicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: Benny

Originally Posted by jeff cicola View Post
Thanks Benny. I have nothing bad to say about any league or owner here. Just trying to decide where to go. I've been around ABA a long time and have no problem with the Glasman's. I guess every league has it's pro's and con's.
everything has it.....go with your gut feeling

2007 Stingers Fall Division 26 Champions
2008 Stingers II Fall Weeknight Division 39 Champions
2010 Stingers Fall Division 20 Champions
2011 Stingers Summer Co-Champs
Benny - Stingers MGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:19 PM   #8 (permalink)

Originally Posted by jeff cicola View Post
I'm trying to decide which league to register my team in this summer. Because of town residency requirements and non-composite bat leagues, I've narrowed it down to Island or ABA and maybe New Alliance. I've been in all 3 of these leagues before, ABA and Island most recently. It's been 7 years since I've been in New Alliance so I don't remember much about it. Does anybody have feedback on that league? Their site says they have Brookhaven fields. Where? Any news on ABA making some rule changes with rosters?
NEW ALLIANCE
BATS: No Mikens
BALLS: Yellow .40/375 or .44/375 no where near the ABA ball
FIELDS: Hidden Pond Park, Venitian Shores, Cassamento, and some others,better than the fields you're use to like out in Kings Park(WT Rodgers & Kings Park HS). don't know of Brookhaven fields.
6 to 12 FT arc, no extra foul.
I gotta say it was alright, not the greatest league out there, but it's cool.
splitfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
The Coed Connoisseur

Name: Tim

I liked Venetian Shores (the 320 field)
Hidden Pond was FAR!!
Not a huge fan of Sawyer Avenue though
Never played at Cassamento

My GTG List: BPierce208, Singh, BS25

Originally Posted by Joanie20 View Post
you're a stud timmy.
Big Daddy 52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Leading Off

Name: Mike

Too many out of towners for smithtown? They're not that tight on it, although they say every year that they will be cracking down, and never do.

The non-composite sucks, but honestly, there are sometimes when I still think the PST's were the best bats every made. And the fact that the majority of the games are played at flynn is such a nice bonus.