General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

Danbury Fields Claim A Victim

This is a discussion on Danbury Fields Claim A Victim within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
For those of you familiar with Danbury softball fields 3 and 4 this should come as no surprise. For those ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2007, 07:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Leading Off

Name: Harry
Default Danbury Fields Claim A Victim

For those of you familiar with Danbury softball fields 3 and 4 this should come as no surprise. For those unfamiliar, the outfields in fields 3 and 4 overlap each other. Field 4's right and right center fields overlap with field 3's left and left center fields.

Tuesday night at a 40 plus game, a 40 plus outfielder took a ball directly off his head. From what I heard the ambulance was called and he went to the hospital. He had some vision problems but is okay now. The poor bastard probably didn't even know it was coming.

Last year, our left center fielder had a collision with a player from filed 3. He was shaken up but was okay.

Instead of giving us more fields, they build volley ball courts for illegal aliens and soccer fields for the less skilled athletic youth. All the while, the main taxpayers in town play on hazardous field conditions.

This will support our leagues fight for returning to the high school fields.

harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 07:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Ken

Those fields are way too close together. Harry is right.

In fact, Fields #3 and #4 actually share the same second base. Thats how close together they are.
KennyH123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 08:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

Name: Max

We basically lost the finals in WP a few years back when I ran into the OF on another field on a deep fly ball. The fields aren't dangerously close unless you have a power hitter on both sides so both OF's move back. Like we had.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Leading Off

yeah the fields in the Willimantic league are the same way and its a nightmare, i spent more time watching the other game than I did ours just hoping I wouldn't get a line drive in the back
Old 08-09-2007, 08:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Leading Off

Overlapping fields is probably one of two reasons I don't play in NYC that often, and prefer to drive out.

That, and clincher-only leagues, no other options. And yes, even with a clincher, the OFs still essentially overlap, to the point where if you're in LF, you're talking to another game's RF face-to-face.
DavidK44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Leading Off

Default This coming from.......

Originally Posted by DavidK44
Overlapping fields is probably one of two reasons I don't play in NYC that often, and prefer to drive out.

That, and clincher-only leagues, no other options. And yes, even with a clincher, the OFs still essentially overlap, to the point where if you're in LF, you're talking to another game's RF face-to-face.
The biggest U-Trip "E" sandbagger EVER!!!!

Guys with your power should be REQUIRED to play clincher-only leagues after that 540 blast for an offensive ejection at States last week.....

I think you even called it when you stepped in there with that wooden bat