General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

This is the current #1 seed in D

This is a discussion on This is the current #1 seed in D within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
All I can say is WOW! http://www.usssa.com/sports/Team3.asp?TeamID=946117 If my assumption is correct, they started as a C team and dropped, ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2007, 04:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Name: Tom
Default This is the current #1 seed in D

All I can say is WOW!

http://www.usssa.com/sports/Team3.asp?TeamID=946117

If my assumption is correct, they started as a C team and dropped, because they are 62-13 in class, but 64-14 vs D teams, so something doesnt add up.

By the way, how can it be that there is not 1 single B team from West Texas?

See, now Sparky is rubbing off on me

Tom29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

Name: Max

That's a lot of fucking NIT's. Which led to a lot of fucking points!!!
Old 09-10-2007, 04:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Leading Off

Since when is winning a National worth 1500 points?

They won their national, which was in Western Texas (and was only TXW and NM teams), and then go ahead and won a national that was in Northern Texas (and mostly TXN, TXS and OK).

That's impressive in all, but um, isn't the point of Nationals to have one big tournament for the entire region? I mean, the first national only had 10 teams, the other 17...why wouldn't you just have one? What's the point of having two nationals in one area? Why weren't there two nationals for us then, one in say, Massachusetts, and one in downstate NY? Would have given teams more options. I know for Jonfres, the team in upstate New York, their options were Long Island or Ohio...but there gets to be two in Texas?

I know Texas is a big state in all, but the two nationals were 5 hours from each other...no different than if there was a national in MA and a national in NYD. Or CT and say, upstate New York.

Just asking. Tom? Max? Anyone know the answer? Just more $-grubbing by U-Trip?
DavidK44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:08 AM   #4 (permalink)

David, just to let you know the "Nationals/Regionals" that they have now are all worth 1500 points. If you look at the "C" Regionals that they had in Torrington, two weeks ago, Creative won it and it was worth 1500 points and $1,000 in travel money.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Name: Tom

Yeah, all National (AKA Regional) tourneys award 1200 bonus points, except for E class.

As for the other question, as we have learned today, alot of directors do alot of shady things, I don't like to label USSSA as a whole for those things, but as I said earlier, alot of this crap just can't be defended.

I don't know how they had two tourneys in the same region, seems counterproductive to the point of a national (regional), but what else is new. Last uyear there were 2 "E" Nationals in the North East, which was necessitated by the fact that the E national in NH was the same weekend as the NYD states. I am not sure if thats why there was 2 nationals, but thank god, or else we would have had to go to Maryland the week aftger our states to attend that National.

The whole National/Regional thing really bothers me anyway. Just call it what it is!
Tom29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
SFZ Legend

Name: sparky
Default see

Originally Posted by ABATom
Yeah, all National (AKA Regional) tourneys award 1200 bonus points, except for E class.

As for the other question, as we have learned today, alot of directors do alot of shady things, I don't like to label USSSA as a whole for those things, but as I said earlier, alot of this crap just can't be defended.

I don't know how they had two tourneys in the same region, seems counterproductive to the point of a national (regional), but what else is new. Last uyear there were 2 "E" Nationals in the North East, which was necessitated by the fact that the E national in NH was the same weekend as the NYD states. I am not sure if thats why there was 2 nationals, but thank god, or else we would have had to go to Maryland the week aftger our states to attend that National.

The whole National/Regional thing really bothers me anyway. Just call it what it is!

now you know where i get my warped sense of cheating,,, been at it for many years and some things are just hard to believe...

"it's all about ME!!!"
sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
SFZ Legend

Name: sparky
Default nice...

All I can say is WOW!

http://www.usssa.com/sports/Team3.asp?TeamID=946117

If my assumption is correct, they started as a C team and dropped, because they are 62-13 in class, but 64-14 vs D teams, so something doesnt add up.

By the way, how can it be that there is not 1 single B team from West Texas?

See, now Sparky is rubbing off on me

way to be!!!

"it's all about ME!!!"
sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Star Player

They are also the C State Champs. Are you telling me that in a state the size of Texas, they can only get 2 C teams from the West Texas area for states?

Jay Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 01:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
SFZ Addict

Name: Kris

Tom, the only thing i can say to that is one was a New England Regional and one was a Northeast Regional. Yes, it is an oxymoron if you ask me. They don't do that for any other division.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
Leading Off

NJ had an 11 team E national same weekend as the one in Branford. Labeled as a state 2 but I still believe all of those teams are going to Worlds.

Points points points.
Milo33 is offline   Reply With Quote