General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

Colonial Springs Park

This is a discussion on Colonial Springs Park within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2005, 11:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
theken15

Default Hit the shit out of a tire for Batting Practice

I got this off of another board...

Well I havenít posted in a while and I'm bored today at work so I thought I'd try to be helpful and post my instruction on building a "BP Partner" or a tire swing to help with exploding through the ball. I do think that keeping your bat speed on contact with the ball is what separates the men from the boys. I'm a boy right now but hoping this exercise will help me improve my power. I have a Pic of the one I constructed and a shop drawing and a schematic of it when done. If someone will post them for me I'll email them to you or if you just want them I can do that too. I work for a fabrication shop so the shop drawing should be plenty of info for any local fab shop to build off of. (our cost was $50 for the materials and shop time to give you an estimate)

materials needed other than the steel is a 15" truck tire, small car tire, 2-1/4"X3 bolts and 3 sacks of quick crete.(you can get old wore out tires for around $10 bucks at tire shops). My BP partner cost around $70 so I can't see it costing more than $140. Mine has more than paid for itself .

All I did is set the post(which has the 15" plate) inside the 15" truck tire(the 15" plate covers the rim hole) and fill it with quick crete, then drill a 1 1/2" hole in the tread part of the small tire and set it over the post and sleeve, then I drilled 2 5/16" holes thru the top of the tire and top plate and bolted the tire to the sleeve plate with the 1/4" bolts just to keep it secure. I then painted a softball on the sides so I still have to focus on where I'm hitting. I have used a tire hung from a tree for this same exercise and this is far better and mobile but If yall can make it cheaper or better by all means, go ahead.

img.photobucket.com/album...rtner2.jpg

img.photobucket.com/album...rtner1.jpg

Old 01-05-2005, 10:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior22

What's wrong. You don't let lefty's hit your tire?:moon
Old 01-05-2005, 07:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Max Johnson

Dammit Senior what the hell are you talking about? You hit it one way then you switch over and hit it the other way if you're so inclined.

You know this isn't mine and that it was posted on 3 other boards before it made it's way over here.

****ing lefties are weird.
Old 01-06-2005, 09:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior22

Hell no. I'm not weird. I bat lefty.
Well-------------maybe I might be.

But just half-assed weird. I throw right.:toasting
Old 02-03-2005, 01:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
jackpt13

Ken you are weird, lefties rule damn it. If this is the case why don't you just get a peice of shit bat and beat the ground, i.e. grover
Old 09-26-2009, 05:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

Default Colonial Springs Park

Anybody know the address to this place?

http://mygiantssearch.swagbucks.com/...ter&rb=927809]
^Win NYG prizes
ar121187 is offline   Reply With Quote