General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

Clincher Tournaments

This is a discussion on Clincher Tournaments within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
I have been playing tournament ball for about 4 years now and majority of the tournaments have been U-Trip with ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2007, 03:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Clincher Tournaments

I have been playing tournament ball for about 4 years now and majority of the tournaments have been U-Trip with blue dot golf balls. This year alone I have played in 3 Tournaments all being clincher tournaments. I like to see the clincher ball making a comeback it really can determine who the good hitters are. We played this past weekend @ Jones Beach in the ABA Clincher series and I had my first look @ Abble Awning Boombah. I must say solid squad doesnt surprise me now how those guys competed with Creative & TNT. These guys where crushing the clincher like it was a blue dot, Shortstop doesnt realize how good he is & can play C ball and be considered great. Good job all around by ABA Tom for bringing the clincher back and The Abble Squad for taking the tourney.

Kearon007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 05:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: jimmy

Originally Posted by Kearon007
I have been playing tournament ball for about 4 years now and majority of the tournaments have been U-Trip with blue dot golf balls. This year alone I have played in 3 Tournaments all being clincher tournaments. I like to see the clincher ball making a comeback it really can determine who the good hitters are. We played this past weekend @ Jones Beach in the ABA Clincher series and I had my first look @ Abble Awning Boombah. I must say solid squad doesnt surprise me now how those guys competed with Creative & TNT. These guys where crushing the clincher like it was a blue dot, Shortstop doesnt realize how good he is & can play C ball and be considered great. Good job all around by ABA Tom for bringing the clincher back and The Abble Squad for taking the tourney.
Thanks bro...I was the pitcher and you guys played well especially that full layout at 1B in that 1 game you had...I myself LOVE clincher...defense is a premium and you really have to know how to hit the ball...

Also the whole weekend was pretty good with no crying about bats or shooting middle...it's nice to play a full day without any of the BS...

The SS Mike is definitely one of the best around...I think he's with us because we're his friends and he has that loyalty that you don;t see much on tourney teams anymore...

Good luck to you guys this year...classy team you have...

JIMMY34
JIMMY34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 05:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Leading Off

Name: Chezz

Clinchers wil never make a comeback. People complain when the 375's become mush and they can't hit it with their plastic power.
chezz87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 05:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: jimmy

The tourney has NO bat rule...any bat inc Titanium...

The teams we played were all good and no BS all day...kinda refreshing...

Our young guys HATED it...no HR's and they had a little trouble adjusting to the different hitting approach...

It won't make a comeback but it really is a great day...I could do it every weekend...

JIMMY34
JIMMY34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

Default I agree

Our SS is a great guy and an even better ballplayer. Sorry I missed out, sounds like everyone had a good time.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:45 PM   #6 (permalink)

I have to say I hate clincher ball. Loved playing with my team also loved getting balls that wouldnt leave a bruise hit back at me!

JD pitched great all day but hit the ball even better. Mike L at ss is not only a fantastic player but a TEAM guy all the way through!
mac0030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 12:09 AM   #7 (permalink)

Kearon, thanks for the good words brother. We still have to work on somethings like our base running, which was aweful all day. Yes our SS is an awesome player, and like my teamates said he is the most loyal and nicest guy on the team. Our whole team is like that this year. We have a great group of committed guys who all get along great. Very hard to find these days. Like JD said, it was nice to play without the middle BS and shit talking all day. It was really a fun day of softball. Great job from Tom and Scott from ABA.

Joe Cat
Abble Awning/High Roller Tattoo/Boombah
joe cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 12:51 AM   #8 (permalink)

Default Base running

Originally Posted by Joe Cat
Kearon, thanks for the good words brother. We still have to work on somethings like our base running, which was aweful all day. Yes our SS is an awesome player, and like my teamates said he is the most loyal and nicest guy on the team. Our whole team is like that this year. We have a great group of committed guys who all get along great. Very hard to find these days. Like JD said, it was nice to play without the middle BS and shit talking all day. It was really a fun day of softball. Great job from Tom and Scott from ABA.

Joe Cat
Abble Awning/High Roller Tattoo/Boombah
Your base runninng stunk because you were missing your GREAT 3rd base coach !!!
Old 05-08-2007, 02:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Nate

now does a TI bat make a difference at all. I have a league that uses a clincheresque ball and the singlewalls hit it way better than anything. I think the clincher leaves a worse bruise too. When it hits you it flattens out!
n8ss03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 02:04 AM   #10 (permalink)
Leading Off

Sandbaggers!!

Jimmy was it the bats or the cooler?

Winning a clincher tourney I think bumps you guys to B.
Milo33 is offline   Reply With Quote