General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

Can anyone refer a good Opthamologist?

This is a discussion on Can anyone refer a good Opthamologist? within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
One of my leagues relies on me to make the banned bat list. I have to keep the list pretty ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2005, 10:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
theken15

Default What are the hottest bats out there?

One of my leagues relies on me to make the banned bat list. I have to keep the list pretty tight because we use a pretty good ball on a field that can't have unlimited power. Also it's a small town so you have tournament guys (who would buy a bat just to win a league) playing against one game per week veterans and young guys (both groups having just upgraded to a team EST last year and probably won't upgrade ever again in their softball careers). We're trying to avoid having the league decided by who is willing to buy the best bats. We're also trying to keep our A league alive by not having the shitty teams get clobbered.

This is what I gave him as banned bats for this league:

Demarini Dark
Combat (All Models)
Demarini Evo
Easton Synergy (all models)
Miken (All Models)
Mizuno Blur and Blur Advanced
Steele No Limit
TPS Catalyst
Worth PST (all models)
Worth Wicked (All Models)
Toledo (All Models)

That's last year's list plus a few additions. I'm trying to make the list based on what's out there now AND anticipate what else is coming out in the forseeable future. What's that other Mizuno coming out? The green one...the Envy?

Did I miss anything obvious? Basically the best bats in this league are the various Techfires and the Demo F2.

I appreciate the help...

Old 02-05-2005, 12:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
MarlSrSoftball

Instead of listing the bats and hope you list them all why not just say no composites and PST's. That way it covers any new bat that comes out now or in the future.
Old 02-05-2005, 02:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
ofthirty3

Default Bats

The best bats that are not on the list i think would be the Crush and Crush2.
Old 02-05-2005, 02:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
theken15

Default Re: Bats

I thought about that Marl's but I don't want to de-legalize the Techfires (Crushes included) that everybody bought last year. Not to mention a few F2's which are part composite.

Maybe I'll tell them no PST's and no plastic except Techfires and the F2?
Old 02-05-2005, 02:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
MarlSrSoftball

You right. I forgot them. We have that situation in 2 of your leagues. One of my Players has a Fury which is to not a big high performance bat but because we say all composites he can't use it.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
MaverickAH

You forgot the following:

Worth Mayhems
Nakona Tomahawk

Also.......

If you're banning ALL Toledo's you are also banning their singlewall bats as well. I also think that you are also being unfair since the technology is very similar to the Techfires (composite wall over aluminum shell). If you still ban the Toledo's because of the Katana's then you also have to ban the Rawlings Silverback ACL (same exact bat!).

I would also included a statement saying that no bat no bat approved by any association after 12/31/2005 will be allowed. This will cover you against any new introductions in 2006.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
typerhonda

I wouldn't continue to allow the Crush after this year. That bat when broken in was hot.... I mean I could keep up with anyones Freak easily....
Old 11-02-2005, 10:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
mveno

That's how my first Fury was. Once the outer composite started cracking and breaking away, man was that thing hot! Everyone thought it was juiced.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
Max Johnson

When this was posted, there was no Tomahawks or Mayhems. As for Toledo, I didn't know they had SW's and the Katama (to me) seemed about on par with a 2nd batch Synergy so I axed it. I wasn't really intending to ban based on technology...that makes no sense to me. Just like if I was to have a no composite tournament, I would definitely ban the PST. It may not be a composite but it performs on par with them. What do I care what the bat is made of? I have nothing against plastic.

The Crush is definitely hot but that was determined to be the upper limits of acceptability. Partly because it was cheap enough that many teams bought one and it didn't force older teams that play one night per week to spend $300 to keep up with the tech.

I loved my first 2 Fury's. My last two Fury's broke REALLY easy.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
Spatula

Default Illegal bats

I didn't see the WHITE STEEL on your list of banned bats.Why because you own one and want to be the only cheater in your horrible league. Make it single wall league with no composites. Make everyone go back to old-school.

:fatass