General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

calling all gorilla's...

This is a discussion on calling all gorilla's... within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
wonder who this is...off new england board... IP: 66.31.101.94 Posted on 6/4/2007 at 09:46:43 AM by R U SERIOUS???? first ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2007, 11:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
SFZ Legend

Name: sparky
Default calling all gorilla's...

wonder who this is...off new england board...

IP: 66.31.101.94
Posted on 6/4/2007 at 09:46:43 AM by R U SERIOUS????

first of all, I am a pitcher, second of all I hit the ball well and have played C&D travel for 5 years now , and third of all what I saw and went through this weekend was total bullshit. So those fucking tough guys that will come on here and tell me I am an idiot because I dont know the game go fuck yourself. Lets start with the pitcher that got hit and the team that hit him. The gorillas hit the middle with the 5 man standing directly behind our pitcher in the area of 10 times and struck him twice. The day after they almost killed someone???? Yes, I am serious. The green synergy that the pitcher and 5 other guys pass to each other, SHAVED PAINTED AND ROLLED, period end of story. And yes, people DID hit the middle with it. The pitcher for that team (that is 230, and 215 of it is his arms) totally kills the ball and fields the shit out of it up the middle he is a hell of a player, but nobody kills it like that, NOBODY. The ball DOES NOT go from plate to fence in under 2 seconds, PERIOD. I also saw an E team hitting it 350 with the ENVY, no that is not a misprint. Second, MR UMP who was on here a short while ago. Why not expand the zone a little. IT IS A HITTERS GAME IN CASE U CANT TELL. To have pitches that are good close pitches be called ball after ball, with hitters standing 10 feet away from home plate just looking to kill it back at you....... WAKE UP. Call anything close, this is a hitters game, get someone in the box and have the BALLS to call a strike 3 whether its Checking or an E team. Something that would help is having boxes put down before each game. A hitter is supposed to be in the box, but whats the answer from the ump every single time the batter starts 10 ffet from the dish.... THERE IS NO BOX. So that would be a start. That is done in the worlds by the way, but some people need to save a couple of bucks on chalk....understood. I am a very competitive person, but I will not jeopardize my safety or anyone elses because of it. Get a legit bat, learn how to hit gaps, and call a strike. You know who u r. END OF STORY

"it's all about ME!!!"
sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
On The Team

i seen this already and i think its the pitcher from cabby shack. i guess deren should have swung a single wall so he could see he hits the same with every bat. also deren swings his own CNT+ and we have like 8 of them between the team, hes the only one swinging a 30oz though
bigvin4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
SFZ Legend

Default not sure...

Originally Posted by bigvin4
i seen this already and i think its the pitcher from cabby shack. i guess deren should have swung a single wall so he could see he hits the same with every bat. also deren swings his own CNT+ and we have like 8 of them between the team, hes the only one swinging a 30oz though

hicks usually signs his name...

"it's all about ME!!!"
Old 06-04-2007, 11:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
On The Team

well either way i find it kinda funny knowing that deren is swinging a stock bat, also derek swings his own CNT+ and hits missiles with it and people talk about it all the time but the truth is they just hit the shit out of it. the only reason the middle was even hit in that game waas because they played a 4 man infield and guys were just trying to get hits when we were down, once they switched to a 5 man we started hitting more gaps, there was no intent in hurting the pitcher in either game. the day before was horrible and i know the guys from axxess know that we would never try to hurt any of them and we were devastated by what happend, in no way would we ever try to hurt any body and its made me think about hitting more opposite field now after that happend
bigvin4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
BTB

Smile My two cents........

NOT starting shit, but if this "reputable" (as said by another post after that one) pitcher is correct about the Gorillas' bats and the fact that they continued to pound middle all weekend (REREAD if you have to, I said IF he is CORRECT!!!!!)..... then what does this say about that team and its lack of integrity??!!??!! To act that way with no regard to the safety of fellow softball players and not to mention working members of our community with be an absolute shame.

Even though my ramblings mixed with TONS of others arent going to change anything, I will still say this:::::::The powers to be along with the "ADULTS" playing this great game that is supposed to be FUN desperately need to do something about MOST ALL teams swinging loaded, shaved or rolled bats! The injury that occured this weekend (my prayers go out to the pitcher, BTW. I hope all is as well as can be!) is a sure sign that SOMETHING needs to be done quick. It could have been worse, how 'bout someone dies first, will we wake up then???

NO.... I dont have the answer, I'm not a genius.. because I am aware of how hard it may be to police this problem. However, I believe it should start with THE PLAYERS................ WAKE THE FUCK UP and realize that this is just a game! Even if you WIN the F'n Worlds..... seriously, what do you get?? Is it really worth cheating and possibly ending someones career and/or life just to say "Look at me, I hit the ball really far!!" ?????? GIMME A F'N BREAK!

You want to be the best? Try doing it legally and having some respect for people's welfare. Stop being a Pussy trying not to look like one, lol.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
SFZ Legend

Default i hear ya,,,

i've seen deren hit bombs with many differant bats...

"it's all about ME!!!"
Old 06-04-2007, 11:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
BTB

Hick would have signed his name, he always does. And he has played many levels above C and D.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:00 AM   #8 (permalink)
Star Player

Originally Posted by bigvin4
thats cuz only real men swing a 30 oz...

Jay Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
Leading Off

This game is becoming gross. What else do I need to do out there to protect myself? Twice in a month someone goes down with a serious injury. Something needs to be done. Why would I want to come up for the Firecracker and have to deal with all of these juiced bats.
This is underhand softball. If you can't hit with a bat fresh out of the wrapper hang it up.

Shaving, painting and even more obvious these days rolling is ILLEGAL. I know there are guys out there and even on this board that have them. I am not into calling out names but seriously grow a set of balls and act like a man.

The "well they swing them so we have to have them" is a pussy way of legitimizing your cheating.
Milo33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:31 AM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Name: Al

Well, How about we see who has any balls to clean up the game... I will start..

I have 2 rolled bats in my bag, a 26oz Booger, and a 28oz Anti Virus....and admitidly have inquired about getting a bat shaved...But never had the balls to do it..Cmon guys who has the sack...And enough with the prove it, I know the bats are out there...and so do guys on this board..If you have a shaved stick put the fucking thing away...Im selling My 2 rolled bats anyone wanna buy them....AL
Puco24 is offline   Reply With Quote