General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

BS or the right thing?

This is a discussion on BS or the right thing? within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
My work schedule is preventing me from playing any tourneys from now until mid july. I've been asked by a ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Fuzz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2014, 08:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
hb2
Mod'ing aint Easy

Name: Jay
Default BS or the right thing?

My work schedule is preventing me from playing any tourneys from now until mid july. I've been asked by a few teams to join them for qualifiers, states, and worlds.

I'll be starting over someone who has been there all year.
I'll be batting 4th.
and the dhh in gsl.

Slap in the face for the poor guy I'm replacing (I'd assume he would play a different position and bat after me)(or sit on the pine)?

hb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Me

If this was league and you were taking someone's spot for playoffs, I would say BS but this is tournament ball. Each tournament stands on it's own and you put the best team you can on the field. I say play when you can.

" Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest"
-Mahatma Ghandi
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: CB

I personally think you battle it out & the best man wins for that spot
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 06:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
hb2
Mod'ing aint Easy

Name: Jay

its just for tourneys.... ive heard rumblings already regarding my spot on one team. I'll talk to the guys this weekend. The guy that will be there is fat, out of shape, and just hits. plays 1st. im a big upgrade.
hb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

Name: Duane

What oppo said. Somebody asked you to play, so it's not like you'll be showing up and benching someone yourself. Besides, mid-July is 5 months away. A lot can change in 5 months, and everybody has 5 months to get used to the idea.

I say this as a guy who "got replaced" for a tournament a time or two. I didn't get to play much during league, so most of my playing time was the 1st couple of games in tournaments when the other guys had to work Sat morning. We went out of town for a tourney once, and I didn't get to play because the coach had invited someone else to play that weekend. I resented that guy for quite a while, even though we got along ok. His brothers played for us and he umpired some, too, so we were around each other some. I finally came to my senses and realized if I had a problem, it should be with the coach, not the guy who accepted the coach's invitation to play.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: Ken

Can't worry about that, have to make the team the best possible part of being a teammate is stepping getting out of the way of someone better or practicing to be better. I never had any remorse over making a lineup based on performance.

Weeknight coed with friends and family is a different story but anything competitive is just that, competitive.

34/30 Club

Repping gloves in NorCal
chrometip78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 03:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: CB

Originally Posted by hb2 View Post
its just for tourneys.... ive heard rumblings already regarding my spot on one team. I'll talk to the guys this weekend. The guy that will be there is fat, out of shape, and just hits. plays 1st. im a big upgrade.

Well sounds like your the better pick. I wouldn't sweat it....Don't contribute to the wussification of america.
oppo and chrometip78 like this.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote