General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

Boost or Rattle?

This is a discussion on Boost or Rattle? within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
DBO's..... You punch one out but over the HR limit and you're a jerk for it but what does it ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2013, 06:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: Ken
Default Boost or Rattle?

DBO's..... You punch one out but over the HR limit and you're a jerk for it but what does it do you mentally? Do you chastise yourself for getting under it and focus your lack of bat control or do you smile on the inside and feel like you've given the other team something to worry about next time you go through the infield?

Sent From Greatness

34/30 Club

Repping gloves in NorCal
chrometip78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Name: B

I beat myself up but I feel ok that my swing is solid. Just focus on bringing it down.
Stork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Name: Colby

Depends what kind of HR for me. If its a no doubter then I am pissed cuz I put to much work into my game for that shit to happen...if its a liner that just carries I'm still disappointed but I know what my intention was..grab some chain link or a gap and just spun the ball a little to much.

Premier/Easton #10
creative10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:03 PM   #4 (permalink)

Name: Duane

I've never been much of a homerun hitter, but I did hit a line drive DBO over a 4ft fence once. I was bummed, especially since my mom was there to watch for the only time she saw me play as an adult. I wasn't down on myself because it was a good line drive that wouldn't have gone out with the 8 ft fences on all the other fields at that complex. I was, however, upset with the guy right ahead of me who intentionally hit a solo shot for our last allowed HR.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

I am strangely more upset about a solo shot than a dbo.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

Name: Bobby

Don't get rattled, especially if it is a good shot. Sometimes you hit it perfect and it flies.....just keep swinging bro
Yinzer2116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: CB

...shit happens as long as you dont do it onthe regular
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Trust me, I don't. Not for lack of trying though.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:41 AM   #9 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: Ken

DBO's are pretty common in our local league with 250' fences and 1hr with equalizer rule, think I have more DBO's there than HR. But the fences are 12' high and the goal is always wall ball and save the hr for an oops. DBO's happen there, not too worried about those.

Next town over where I play is 300' fields with an 8' fence and a 2hr limit. Not too many guys going out there so hasn't been an issue, except the other night..... I'm having a good time bsing with my buddies, friend of mine subbing hits one out so that's cool but I miss a teammates HR. Couple innings later, I get up with 2 on and go for it on a good pitch and get a no doubter so I'm jogging to 1st thinking I'm cool when I hear "what a dick" and "what are you doing", then "OUT". I spin around and excitedly tell blue we get 2 in this division to which he replies, "you're right". We were up at the time and still won the game so my team razzed me the rest of the game and all was well. But I wonder if the game was close, attitude of the whole team would be different and I could see where a person would get down on themself.

Sent From Greatness

34/30 Club

Repping gloves in NorCal
chrometip78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: CB

Originally Posted by chrometip78 View Post
DBO's are pretty common in our local league with 250' fences and 1hr with equalizer rule, think I have more DBO's there than HR. But the fences are 12' high and the goal is always wall ball and save the hr for an oops. DBO's happen there, not too worried about those.

Next town over where I play is 300' fields with an 8' fence and a 2hr limit. Not too many guys going out there so hasn't been an issue, except the other night..... I'm having a good time bsing with my buddies, friend of mine subbing hits one out so that's cool but I miss a teammates HR. Couple innings later, I get up with 2 on and go for it on a good pitch and get a no doubter so I'm jogging to 1st thinking I'm cool when I hear "what a dick" and "what are you doing", then "OUT". I spin around and excitedly tell blue we get 2 in this division to which he replies, "you're right". We were up at the time and still won the game so my team razzed me the rest of the game and all was well. But I wonder if the game was close, attitude of the whole team would be different and I could see where a person would get down on themself.

Sent From Greatness
Honestly I know a lot of people are touchy about the subject, but itís league play. Pretty much competitive practice if you will. Too many people take it too seriously like theyíre trying to relive the little league days when they were the man.

We have coed with a 250í fence which I refuse to play on. Not to brag, but itís just too dangerous for me to hit full power shots to off the couch women/men with so-so glove skills in a fence that short.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote