General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

Big Papa

This is a discussion on Big Papa within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
Last year at Worlds, we all cheered for each other, even teams that had 'issues' during the year. The only ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2007, 01:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Star Player

Default Big Papa

Last year at Worlds, we all cheered for each other, even teams that had 'issues' during the year. The only time we didn't was when (obviously) we played against VP.... Other than that, there was even a game against some hick Ohio team with whistles that had players from like 3-4 teams from northeast behind the back stop watching as we beat their ass....And almost got into a brawl.....

Just wanted you to know that there is a good deal of friendship that goes on when we go away.

Jay Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Leading Off

Originally Posted by typer
Last year at Worlds, we all cheered for each other, even teams that had 'issues' during the year. The only time we didn't was when (obviously) we played against VP.... Other than that, there was even a game against some hick Ohio team with whistles that had players from like 3-4 teams from northeast behind the back stop watching as we beat their ass....And almost got into a brawl.....

Just wanted you to know that there is a good deal of friendship that goes on when we go away.

That sounds good to me man! That's what I'm talking about, that is a big part of the fun in tourneys for me.

I know it still happens for sure. It just seems to me it used to be more evident.
Big Papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

Name: Max

Our team never really spends any time at the fields unless we're about to play or just finished playing and haven't packed up yet. I'm not sure why but that's basically the way it is. It's not like we're out sightseeing the local area or anything because we don't do any of that shit either.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
SFZ Addict

Name: Kris

I'll probably just watch games saturday with Papa to root and heckle other teams. Except at 5:40 hopefully.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Leading Off

Originally Posted by Max Johnson
Our team never really spends any time at the fields unless we're about to play or just finished playing and haven't packed up yet. I'm not sure why but that's basically the way it is. It's not like we're out sightseeing the local area or anything because we don't do any of that shit either.

LOL that's good shit Max.

I really wasn't meaning to say you have to be a groupy for local teams. I have just seen a lot of negativity towards other local teams at tourneys. It's all good though!
Old 08-23-2007, 09:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Leading Off

Originally Posted by Gags
I'll probably just watch games saturday with Papa to root and heckle other teams. Except at 5:40 hopefully.

Let's not forget the 2 count em 2 beers you are buying for me!
Old 08-23-2007, 09:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
SFZ Addict

Name: Kris

Originally Posted by Big Papa
Let's not forget the 2 count em 2 beers you are buying for me!
The only thing that would be better is if they were in the cooler...
Old 08-23-2007, 09:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Leading Off

Originally Posted by Gags
The only thing that would be better is if they were in the cooler...

Very true indeed!
Old 08-24-2007, 02:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
On The Team

Originally Posted by typer

I was at that game jay, you guys crushed the ball and the whistles was killing me.

Remember that Freak (I think it was a Freak) that team had Jay? WOW that was the best bat I've ever seen.
Gorillas #32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
Star Player

That was a Syn+ OG.....I have not seen a bat hit the ball that hard possibly ever. 2 foot line drives reaching the outfield? Are you kidding me?

Jay Dub is offline   Reply With Quote