General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

Bats and such

This is a discussion on Bats and such within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
Folks I am less than a year in to the slow pitch softball grind and am tired of these crap ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2014, 01:05 AM   #1 (permalink)

Name: stephen
Default Bats and such

Folks I am less than a year in to the slow pitch softball grind and am tired of these crap aluminum bats I have. Looking to get in to this composite game. Problem is I don't know what kind of bat to get. Really in to DeMarini, but that may be because it is the only composite bat I tried. I just lost my composite bat virginity and I can't get away. So what's the good word on bats?

Last edited by tbsteve; 09-07-2014 at 02:58 PM.
tbsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 09:17 AM   #2 (permalink)

Name: Phillip

Bats are about comfort, generally if the bat feels comfortable to you it gives you a bit more confidence.
First before people start what bats are legal and what bats have you used? end load or balanced? are you able to hit over the fence(300') with the aluminum? do they have to be new stamp or can you use old stamp bats (saves $) or allow you to buy a few old bats for the cost of one new in wrapper.

that out of the way I like the feel of the Worth and Miken bats in a 30oz end load.
Snowblind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 02:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

Well let me be clear I am not the strongest dude out there and no I can't hit over '300. I have never played baseball/softball so this is just a new hobby for me. I understand if that makes me a douche, but I am honestly trying to have some fun and I want to get a good bat to do so with. I tried both end load and balanced, and I preferred the balanced. I play in some slow pitch softball leagues locally and they take any ASA bat, not certain on if they accept old stamped bats.
As far as bats I have used, I have been trying to get the names of the two DeMarini bats I tried but it was from a friend of a friend
Old 09-08-2014, 04:27 AM   #4 (permalink)

Name: Kent
Default Get this one in a 27oz

tobenamedlater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 04:28 AM   #5 (permalink)

Name: Kent

Don't let all your team mates use it, tell them to get their own. These are hot as hell but won't hold up to being a "team bat".
tobenamedlater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 05:52 AM   #6 (permalink)

Name: Phillip

Originally Posted by tbsteve View Post
Well let me be clear I am not the strongest dude out there and no I can't hit over '300. I have never played baseball/softball so this is just a new hobby for me. I understand if that makes me a douche, but I am honestly trying to have some fun and I want to get a good bat
well second welcome to the sport. Being new doesnt make you a douche, the questions I asked where for the guys that swing/buy loads of bats. They can steer you in the direction of comparable bats to what you have swung and liked. The top end bats cost $2-300 and thats big expense for getting something you end up not liking, if you buy retail.

What color/graphic was the Demarini you swung guessing by just that someone here can tell you the model or have a good idea at any rate.
Snowblind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 12:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
hb2
Mod'ing aint Easy

Name: Jay

Demarini is leading the way for asa bats. So that said, they will cost more. But as stated, only you should swing it.
hb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

Yeah I will let them use my shit aluminum bats. Dude finally told me it was a balanced composite but couldn't tell me a name for the bat. I do remember that it was predominantly white with orange and blue. I really don't mind paying $300, just want a good bat.

Last edited by tbsteve; 09-08-2014 at 10:22 PM.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

My big question is, what is the difference between end-loaded and balanced? I was told balanced would be better for me as a newer player
Old 09-08-2014, 10:31 PM   #10 (permalink)

Name: Duane

I was in the same spot a month ago - looking to buy my 1st composite bat. Another installment of which bat?? . I bought a new 30 oz Miken Psycho Supermax for $179 shipped, from a Miken dealer on ebay. A week later I picked up a 28 oz Freak NXT that had "about 100 hits" on it according to the seller. $92 shipped. Since then, I've snagged a new in the wrapper Miken Geno Buck M Nation for $122 shipped. All 3 bats are $249 or more retail. Don't pay retail prices!! Some of the retailers have bats on clearance now. Sports Authority had a few on clearance a month ago, and a teammate bought a new bat on clearance at Scheels last week.