Softball Forum - Slow Pitch Softball Forums > Softball Forums > General Slowpitch Softball Forum » Bat Wars down in Orlando - Who Went? What did you swing?

General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

Bat Wars down in Orlando - Who Went? What did you swing?

This is a discussion on Bat Wars down in Orlando - Who Went? What did you swing? within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
Likes? Dislikes? We shat the bed so badly that we had plenty of time and energy to spare for the ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2008, 12:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

Name: Max
Default Bat Wars down in Orlando - Who Went? What did you swing?

Likes? Dislikes?

We shat the bed so badly that we had plenty of time and energy to spare for the Bat Wars. They had a bunch of vendors outside selling mostly apparel. Picked up a bunch of cheap dry-fit shirts, some batting gloves, and a hoodie.

You got 15 swings per turn on line and there wasn't much of a line to go back if you wanted to. They had a couple hundred bats lined up to choose from. The goal was to pick one that was broken in at least a little bit to get a better gauge on how it would perform in a game situation.

I had the Miken Psycho in my hands but put it back to keep it down to 3 bats. I should have tried that instead of the Mizuno but I tend to hate Mikens and the one I found was too heavy anyway.

I swung the Mizuno Frenzy which was way too bottle shaped for me. Didn't swing right.

Swung that see through Easton which was nice but nothing special.

Swung the Johnny McGraw Combat Virus Plague which was way too end loaded after taking 10 swings with the even weighted bats listed above. I do like Combats though as they tend to be even weighted. Pity they seem to ignore ASA.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Nate

max i take it you swung the 14 inch barrel frenzy? try the 12.5 its much more endloaded and i feel swings better than the 14. the plague is supposedly stupid hot although with a very heavy endload.

I saw an easton reveal in action last night and it did not seem like a bad stick. First guy who swung it jacked a bomb with it and then added another later. They have two more models of it coming out a stealth model and i believe its an extended or flex model.
stealth
http://www.hitrunscore.com/a113059-e...tball-bat.html
Flex
http://www.hitrunscore.com/a113061-e...tball-bat.html
Worth is also coming out with a new jeff hall bat. I believe its going to be a jeff hall resmondo mutant. along with an asa titan.
TPS has the Triton out and supposedly its very hot. ugly as all hell but supposed to be hot.
n8ss03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Leading Off

the vendor said that the Jonny Mc combat is fucking sick didnt swing it though
HeftyLefty29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 03:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Leading Off

Name: Mike

I picked up a new glove from worth, and tried to talk them into swapping out my PST there. They wouldn't do it.

Swung the white team resmondo bat which I fucking loved. Also took a couple swings with the black titan which was nice, but I'm sold on that Resmondo mutant. I also picked up the clear easton bat, but didn't take any cuts. Me and 2 guys from Fatman (ex McWorlds) got interviewed for softball magazine.

The Resmondo was perfectly end loaded, I actually got a couple out of that field.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
On The Team

Binger u talking about the Jeff Walace Resmando white bat???? i swung that about a month ago and i liked it a lot. and im a Easton guy.
Diablo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 03:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
Leading Off

Name: Mike

Originally Posted by Diablo21
Binger u talking about the Jeff Walace Resmando white bat???? i swung that about a month ago and i liked it a lot. and im a Easton guy.
Yea, I think it had his name on it. This is it:

Old 09-24-2008, 03:40 AM   #7 (permalink)

I am getting rid of my ressy Titan. 26.5 oz any takers
Anti Wop Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 04:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: Billy

Swung the Resmondo thought it had to much whip to it, not a big fan, also swung the Titian which I loved maybe theres a future with this bat.
jackpot13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: Aaron

Originally Posted by n8ss03
max i take it you swung the 14 inch barrel frenzy? try the 12.5 its much more endloaded and i feel swings better than the 14. the plague is supposedly stupid hot although with a very heavy endload.

I saw an easton reveal in action last night and it did not seem like a bad stick. First guy who swung it jacked a bomb with it and then added another later. They have two more models of it coming out a stealth model and i believe its an extended or flex model.
stealth
http://www.hitrunscore.com/a113059-e...tball-bat.html
Flex
http://www.hitrunscore.com/a113061-e...tball-bat.html
Worth is also coming out with a new jeff hall bat. I believe its going to be a jeff hall resmondo mutant. along with an asa titan.
TPS has the Triton out and supposedly its very hot. ugly as all hell but supposed to be hot.
Yea, It was not me hitting bombs.... I let the guys use it!

The one I had at that game was the SRV1. (The green one)
http://www.hitrunscore.com/a113052-e...tball-bat.html
Max there is a "Helmer Version" SRV2 which has some end load. (maroon in color)
http://www.hitrunscore.com/a113053-e...tball-bat.html

http://www.clearlythefuture.com/
Nuccx2001 is offline   Reply With Quote