General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

Balanced vs Endloaded

This is a discussion on Balanced vs Endloaded within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
What is the difference in swinging an endloaded vs balanced. I currently have only swung a balanced. Im looking to ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2013, 12:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Sean
Default Balanced vs Endloaded

What is the difference in swinging an endloaded vs balanced. I currently have only swung a balanced. Im looking to get a new utrip and I want the CL22 but its endloaed. Not sure how or if it will affect my swing. Im not really a HR on command type hitter and generally try to get base hits. If it goes out its on accident. Need Help

Old 09-15-2013, 09:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Me

I think the endload helps with new softer balls but it is mostly a matter of feel. I would try out an endloaded bat and see how it feels to you. Btw, there are connsiderably varying degrees of endload.

" Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest"
-Mahatma Ghandi
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

Name: Fred

Originally Posted by oppo View Post
I think the endload helps with new softer balls but it is mostly a matter of feel. I would try out an endloaded bat and see how it feels to you. Btw, there are connsiderably varying degrees of endload.
Agree. there are a lot of different end loads so if you are thinking of getting one find someone who has one that you like. IMO the end load gives you a little more distance than a balanced. I have a hard time with a balanced bat after swinging my end loaded PST's and Toxic's.
PST CLUB MEMBER #1

28.5 oz Ligit ASA HD52 Jeff Hall Reload
28 oz PST98 (BP Bat)(Actual weight 29.2 oz)(BP 22 1/4")
28 oz Worth WS23 (Actual Weight 29.8 oz)
28 oz Worth Black EST (BP 20 3/4") (Actual weight 28.8oz/BP 20 3/8")
27 oz Combat Virus Morphed (Actual wight 27.4 oz)
marlsrsoftball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
hb2
Mod'ing aint Easy

Name: Jay

The endload will make you gain some to little bat speed. It will take some getting used to. A gew roinds od bp should do. Performane wise it doesn't matter.
hb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
SFZ Supporting Vendor

Name: Smarkley

I used to swing only balanced but seem to hit better with med to light end load. I am basicly and Opo hitter who goes middle depending on the pitch and situation.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: CB

Endload is primarily a power hitter style bat & is designed for having more weight to hit the ball further. Balanced is more designed for oppo/base hitters due to the higher level of control from the bat having a balanced feel.

The bat you mentioned is designed for HR hitters ( and specifically states that). Doesn’t mean you can’t have success with it, but I wouldn’t drop that kind of cash till I was certain I liked the feel of an end loaded bat.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:40 AM   #7 (permalink)

Name: Phillip

Buy a CHEAP* endload or ask to use one of the endloads on your team for an at bat/bp if anyone has one.

*Easton Reflex (SX72) $40 on line niw
Snowblind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:26 PM   #8 (permalink)

Name: Brian

Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Endload is primarily a power hitter style bat & is designed for having more weight to hit the ball further. Balanced is more designed for oppo/base hitters due to the higher level of control from the bat having a balanced feel.

The bat you mentioned is designed for HR hitters ( and specifically states that). Doesn’t mean you can’t have success with it, but I wouldn’t drop that kind of cash till I was certain I liked the feel of an end loaded bat.
What kind of bat would you suggest for new Fuzz?
I hit the ball with a lot of power but not always with a lot of distance if that makes sense. Like I hit really hard line drives to the gaps usually up the middle or left center that go for doubles or triples. I can go oppo and when I do it's on a rope and it either hits the gap or goes over RF head. When I do get a little more air under the ball it either goes over or his the fence. I'm 5'11" 180lbs but pretty strong for my size.
kranzb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:41 PM   #9 (permalink)

Name: Daniel

the cl22 is actually has a fairly balanced feel. I don't know why it has the extreme endload rap. I have a 26 oz and it feels the same as my 26 oz aftermath that weighs in right at 26 oz. Definately suggest giving it a try. It's a nasty bat.
Dvldog6174 likes this.
Email with questions [email protected]
Dgambill85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:11 PM   #10 (permalink)

Name: Sean

I cant decide which one I want. The CL22 or the stadium. Im probably gonna get the J3 for ASA but not sure which one for Utrip