General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

ASA vs USSSA (speaking mostly of tournies)

This is a discussion on ASA vs USSSA (speaking mostly of tournies) within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
Originally Posted by Max Johnson You would think that the directors would know in advance. Does it say "approved for ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2007, 03:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Jeff

Originally Posted by Max Johnson
You would think that the directors would know in advance. Does it say "approved for usssa" on it or anything like that?

Also I had forgotten that they don't ask anybody for ID in advance so we could have picked up Jesus Christ to play for us and as long as we didn't face any local teams that would have known what Christ looked like and that Christ wasn't actually a D player and that he was on somebody else's (upper level) roster, they'd have no reason to protest him and we would suffer no ill consequences.
That would never happen in ASA. I'll be 100% honest. ASA National's kick the shit out of USSSA Worlds. In my opinion, it's not even close. You are just another $$ sheep in the herd in USSSA.

Shine 52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 03:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

Name: Max

I think I might push for us to play some ASA next year. If we can. Seeing as they have no tournament program in NY and the one in CT is directly related to their state tourney that we can't really get into.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Jeff

I think I might push for us to play some ASA next year. If we can. Seeing as they have no tournament program in NY and the one in CT is directly related to their state tourney that we can't really get into.
Max, honestly, you guys could probably just call up the ASA director and get a bid straight to the National. Someone from JNK should be able to tell you how they got their bid.

More teams should look into it just to experience it, and then maybe you'll see the difference between the 2 and how you are treated. USSSA could give 2 fucks about you and you totally can feel it. The exact opposite occures w/ ASA. Your asked for ID, you sign the paperwork, official scorers, the whole 9. It's a far better tourny I think. Maybe in D it's a little different because of the amount of temas so they have to cut some corners, but I know in C, it's not like that. I think the biggest ASA C I've been to was 97 or some shit in 2004.
Shine 52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 03:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Name: Al

Originally Posted by Shine 52
That would never happen in ASA. I'll be 100% honest. ASA National's kick the shit out of USSSA Worlds. In my opinion, it's not even close. You are just another $$ sheep in the herd in USSSA.

Factual Post...
Puco24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 03:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Originally Posted by Shine 52
Max, honestly, you guys could probably just call up the ASA director and get a bid straight to the National. Someone from JNK should be able to tell you how they got their bid.

More teams should look into it just to experience it, and then maybe you'll see the difference between the 2 and how you are treated. USSSA could give 2 fucks about you and you totally can feel it. The exact opposite occures w/ ASA. Your asked for ID, you sign the paperwork, official scorers, the whole 9. It's a far better tourny I think. Maybe in D it's a little different because of the amount of temas so they have to cut some corners, but I know in C, it's not like that. I think the biggest ASA C I've been to was 97 or some shit in 2004.

ASA runs a tight ship, went to the "D" in alabama last year, All bats are checked, and I saw bats getting thrown out all tourny, Even for having knob cuffs, people bitch about ASA, But I think then run the best national hands down, as far as teams usually between 100-and 120 for D
Old 09-24-2007, 03:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Hey Max, maybe you can ask about becoming a Director in our area, I would do it with you, Maybe bring some ASA back to the northeast
Old 09-24-2007, 03:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: Billy

Not many fields in our area.
jackpot13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

Name: Max

Originally Posted by Big_Al10
Hey Max, maybe you can ask about becoming a Director in our area, I would do it with you, Maybe bring some ASA back to the northeast
Tourney Ball in our area is almost nil. There are two softball sized fenced fields that I'm aware of in all of Westchester (both in Somers). There is less and less participation in competitive softball every year.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Tourney Ball in our area is almost nil. There are two softball sized fenced fields that I'm aware of in all of Westchester (both in Somers). There is less and less participation in competitive softball every year.

There are plenty on LI if teams wil be willing to make the trip???
Old 09-24-2007, 04:40 PM   #10 (permalink)

Default Asa

I would love for their 2 b ASA Tournies available on Long Island. ABATom you should approach Bruce from Wesco and buy his softball league and Run ASA Tournies!
Kearon007 is offline   Reply With Quote