General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

ASA power bat

This is a discussion on ASA power bat within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
I am looking for a power bat for 12 inch 52 core ASA play. I am thinking end loaded 28-30 ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2016, 01:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Aaron
Default ASA power bat

I am looking for a power bat for 12 inch 52 core ASA play. I am thinking end loaded 28-30 ounce. I am 6'2 270 pounds. I usually just grab the heaviest bat I can find on our team. Last year it was a 28 ounce used up worth but it was heavy. I am thinking to making the switch to a 30 ounce this year as well. Just wondering what power bats you guys like and if anyone swings a 30 ounce bat?

ol78hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 05:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

Name: Fred

I have had very good results from my 30oz Miken Freak 52. This has become a popular bat in our league since I got mine 2 yrs ago.
PST CLUB MEMBER #1

28.5 oz Ligit ASA HD52 Jeff Hall Reload
28 oz PST98 (BP Bat)(Actual weight 29.2 oz)(BP 22 1/4")
28 oz Worth WS23 (Actual Weight 29.8 oz)
28 oz Worth Black EST (BP 20 3/4") (Actual weight 28.8oz/BP 20 3/8")
27 oz Combat Virus Morphed (Actual wight 27.4 oz)
marlsrsoftball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 08:53 PM   #3 (permalink)

Name: Duane

I use 30 oz bats, and currently have a 2014/15 Miken Psycho (the white and red one), a Freak NXT, a Miken Geno Buck M Nation, and an Easton Realtree. All ASA bats, although the NXT is good for all associations, and almost impossible to find. All purchased new. I'm not a power hitter, so I won't tell any stories about how far the ball flies. But I do hit off a tee a lot, always on the same field, and almost always to left - makes it easier to retrieve the balls, and makes it easy to compare bats.

I bought the Easton late last season and used it in a game only a few at bats, although I've hit some off the tee with it. It has far more endload than the Mikens (which are all SuperMaxes). It feels a lot like the old Worth SuperCells in terms of endload. When it gets broken in and I get used to hitting with a 2 piece bat, it will out distance the others easily. They are pricey, but I got a deal on this one and couldn't pass it up.

Haven't used the NXT much yet, but I really like the feel on contact. It seems I can feel the ball trampoline off the bat.

The Geno Buck was my main bat last year. Took forever to break in. Also hard to find, although I saw some just this week on ebay.

The Psycho is ok, but I like the others better. Contemplating selling it.

I have teammates who have the 2014 Freak 52, and the one that came out last year. Very good bats. I used the 2014 on a whim once, hit the ball to the bottom of the fence for the 1st time in a long time, and knew I "needed" to make the switch to composites. Can't go wrong with a Freak 52. I think they were one of the 1st bats designed to hit the .52 core balls.

Tags
asa, bat, power, softball