General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

Always one league.

This is a discussion on Always one league. within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
For those of you that play in more than one league. Do you always have a certain league that you ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2007, 07:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Leading Off

Default Always one league.

For those of you that play in more than one league. Do you always have a certain league that you absolutelly suck in each year for whatever reason. It seems like every year its a different league that I suck in for whatever reason. It makes no sense how I can hit .750 in one league and then bat .400 in another. Its not only the average but how your hitting the ball. Maybe I'm just a lunatic.

Old 05-10-2007, 07:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
1st Place Bruins

Originally Posted by cuse6189
For those of you that play in more than one league. Do you always have a certain league that you absolutelly suck in each year for whatever reason. It seems like every year its a different league that I suck in for whatever reason. It makes no sense how I can hit .750 in one league and then bat .400 in another. Its not only the average but how your hitting the ball. Maybe I'm just a lunatic.
That happened to me last year. I played in 3 leagues. Hit 700 in one, 850 (co-ed), and 500 in my last one.

I was frustrated as all hell in that one league.
DaveTBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Leading Off

Yup, you try everything to get out of the slump and nothing works and when you do finally rip one the kids in jeans makes a diving catch.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

Name: Max

When I first started out, I was hitting at least .700 everywhere and got picked up by the new loaded team in my home town. Playing with established tourney studs, world MVP's, etc I ended up trying way too hard every week for 2 years and would hit swunts over there (swinging bunts) while I was hitting nearly a HR per game plus a .700 avg in my other leagues.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

I never hit well at Clegg in Warwick during the league. Of course, we never used 47 525's like you guys do now either.
Down+Hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Leading Off

They switched balls after the hole shotting middle saga last week when I told the league that f someone got hurt they could get sued

I think there are many reason for the slump

1) All my leagues are different (ASA,NSA,ISA,and USSSA) so I can never get used to the same type of arch.
2) I have different roles on different teams (HR hitter/ Base hitter)
3) Competition level is different for all 3
Old 05-10-2007, 08:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Leading Off

Originally Posted by cuse6189
They switched balls after the hole shotting middle saga last week when I told the league that f someone got hurt they could get sued

I think there are many reason for the slump

1) All my leagues are different (ASA,NSA,ISA,and USSSA) so I can never get used to the same type of arch.
2) I have different roles on different teams (HR hitter/ Base hitter)
3) Competition level is different for all 3
Random chance and luck could be a role too. Just because you're a career .700 hitter doesn't mean you'll hit .700 on every team every season. Not saying it's the only factor, but sometimes things can be as simple as random chance...even if it's not just "one league the hard hit balls are being caught, the other ones, they fall in", it could also be just sometimes, your shoulder opens up to quickly (or whatever), and sometimes it doesn't, and it happens that it usually happens on one league team or the other...
DavidK44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Leading Off

I have played softball long enough to know whats exspected of myself, its not luck or chance, its me
Old 05-10-2007, 08:35 PM   #9 (permalink)

I hit about .200 in Montville last year and over .600 everywhere else I played. By the end of the season I was moved from cleanup to 9th.

Originally Posted by Shine 52
The ball is thrown underhanded and comes in at 5 mph.
Originally Posted by Max Johnson
There were a few balls yesterday that got up to 6, 7 and even 8 mph.
Ryno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 01:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
Leading Off

Originally Posted by Ryno
I hit about .200 in Montville last year and over .600 everywhere else I played. By the end of the season I was moved from cleanup to 9th.
No I told them to Bat that slow ass EH last . I think my problem is with some teams my role is different and I obviousllly do better at some roles more than others.