General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

Ah, sweet revenge

This is a discussion on Ah, sweet revenge within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
I run three teams - mens, coed and company. My coed team has been around the longest. I put a ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Chimpy
  • 1 Post By oilslick58
  • 1 Post By Chimpy
  • 1 Post By AVALANCHE#50
  • 3 Post By Chimpy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2015, 03:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Gern
Default Ah, sweet revenge

I run three teams - mens, coed and company. My coed team has been around the longest. I put a douche on the team last year - I didn't know he was a douche at the time but it turned out he was. But a couple of the young studs on my team befriending this guy to the point where they hang out.

Collecting money for this spring's team, one of the guys asks me if the douche will be back, to which I say no. This guy decides to start his own team, which is fine, however he steals 4 of my girls and gets the other couple guys to go with him. Only 2 people have the courtesy to tell me they're not playing on my team, the rest blow me off.

Fast forward to this week - my current team which only has 3 returning people and a bunch of new folks plays their team, which is essentially my team from last year. They're certain they're going to blow us out the water. They're cocky, they're laughing. They think this is an easy win and can't wait to drink and laugh about it after the game.

I don't even have enough girls at start time. Only 2. I need at least 4 to have enough to play. We only have a ten minute grace period before we have to forfeit. One more girl shows up. It's ten minutes and I have to forfeit. I'm pissed. I see a fourth girl walking up - I ask if we can still play. The scorekeeper says just in time. We go on the field with only 8 people because you can't have more guys than girls on the field.

Next inning my fifth girls shows up and now we have ten.

We beat them 12-10. They were pissed. Seriously pissed. Karma is a b!tch.
defos likes this.

Chimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 04:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

Name: D J

Now make sure you keep that extra girls number
AVALANCHE#50 likes this.
oilslick58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 05:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

No one on the team gets anyone's numbers from now on although there are no douches on this team now so I'm not too worried about anyone stealing girls. But you never know. Some people have no scruples.
AVALANCHE#50 likes this.
Old 04-29-2015, 05:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Tom

Yup been there. No matter how straight up you try to be someone will always be there to try and muck it up. I've been lucky through the years where it never got that bad but close. Honesty and team chemistry has been a good combination that kept most coming back.

Dont let YER' Meatloaf
defos likes this.
AVALANCHE#50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 08:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

Originally Posted by AVALANCHE#50 View Post
Yup been there. No matter how straight up you try to be someone will always be there to try and muck it up. I've been lucky through the years where it never got that bad but close. Honesty and team chemistry has been a good combination that kept most coming back.

Dont let YER' Meatloaf

Yup. My mens team is a bunch of great guys. And the guy who stole my girls on my coed team used to play on my mens team, he's a great hitter but he knows he won't be back on the mens team. I told the guys on my mens team he may try to recruit some of them for his own mens team and if they go, they'll never be back on my team (which plays year round) and all of them said they had no intention of going to any one elses team. Having a bunch of good guys on a team, even a couple who are terrible at catching fly balls, goes a long ways with me personally.
AVALANCHE#50, defos and elbman like this.
Old 06-08-2015, 06:14 AM   #6 (permalink)

Name: Mike

Terrible story. And fictional I'm assuming. I bet the real douche was you.
TrainWreck209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 04:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Tom

Originally Posted by TrainWreck209 View Post
Terrible story. And fictional I'm assuming. I bet the real douche was you.
You say this based on what? This statement only says your a troll. "And fictional I'm assuming" lol makes no sense at all. Ijs

Don't let your MeatLoaf
AVALANCHE#50 is offline   Reply With Quote