General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

4/10 E Nit

This is a discussion on 4/10 E Nit within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
Congrats to double barrel for winning this on sunday.....what a long day...........

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 11:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
Star Player

Thumbs up 4/10 E Nit

Congrats to double barrel for winning this on sunday.....what a long day........

Jay Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: jimmy

Congrats also to Showtime from NJ for double dipping us in the finals on Saturday...

Didn't know what to expect my first time back playing mens full time in 3 years but it was a well run tourney and it was a great time...some crazy ass bats, but that's to be expected I guess, but all the teams we played were class acts as far as I'm concerned...good times...
JIMMY34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
On The Team

not trying to stir the pot here but the 2 teams I saw win the E's on Sat and on Sun are not E teams. Not by any definition in any way shape or form. Ive never played E but I know they each easily can contend locally in D's or higher.

ps - in fairness the bats sounded very good in the C/D and the E's. I think was combo of cold air - wind - and very hard rocks. some of the balls are a year old and half soaked with water. they tend to make louder booms off broken in bats. Even i was accused of having a hot bat after a piss missle - which i took as the ultimate compliment of course.
GBEN2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Star Player

I don't think Double Barrel or Showtime were unbeatable nor do I think they shouldn't be in E...if the teams we played Saturday are teams we'll see in Worlds all is good...

What I did see were a few horrible ASA bats swung by guys with no swing whatsoever hitting absolute SEEDS and although there wasn't too much whining about bats it was definitely something you think about...

Either way it was a well run tourney with good competition and the teams were cool as hell...
Old 04-11-2011, 02:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
On The Team

Originally Posted by JIMMY34
I don't think Double Barrel or Showtime were unbeatable nor do I think they shouldn't be in E...if the teams we played Saturday are teams we'll see in Worlds all is good...

What I did see were a few horrible ASA bats swung by guys with no swing whatsoever hitting absolute SEEDS and although there wasn't too much whining about bats it was definitely something you think about...

Either way it was a well run tourney with good competition and the teams were cool as hell...

Again - Ive never played or hardly have seen E games in past so I am a bad skeptic. For that Im sorry. But I saw the NJ team dressed like Fla St colors put about 25 up in 2 innings and hit laser after laser into the fence and beyond. I found that strange for E. (and they didnt even win it). And while having a couple (10-11) in the Pking lot between my games - i had the good fotune of listening to all the teams that didnt fair well in the Es at their cars claiming some of the E teams were rediculous and could beat C teams.

But if you found it on par for the Class then I trust your opinion - I was surprised thats all. My guess is you were on one of those teams... LOL

Only kiddling - have a great year - seems E willbe very tough locally and may give the area its best shot to win worlds
Old 04-11-2011, 02:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Star Player

Originally Posted by GBEN2
Again - Ive never played or hardly have seen E games in past so I am a bad skeptic. For that Im sorry. But I saw the NJ team dressed like Fla St colors put about 25 up in 2 innings and hit laser after laser into the fence and beyond. I found that strange for E. (and they didnt even win it). And while having a couple (10-11) in the Pking lot between my games - i had the good fotune of listening to all the teams that didnt fair well in the Es at their cars claiming some of the E teams were rediculous and could beat C teams.

But if you found it on par for the Class then I trust your opinion - I was surprised thats all. My guess is you were on one of those teams... LOL

Only kiddling - have a great year - seems E willbe very tough locally and may give the area its best shot to win worlds
We lost to Showtime Saturday in finals, beat them in winners bracket to send them to the losers bracket and then they beat Dbl Barrel to come see us again and they double dipped us...I'll take tourneys like this in E all day long...some very good players and some ridiculous defense but we never complained about anyone not being classed wrong...good e teams and the competition was awesome...
Old 04-11-2011, 03:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
On The Team

Originally Posted by JIMMY34
We lost to Showtime Saturday in finals, beat them in winners bracket to send them to the losers bracket and then they beat Dbl Barrel to come see us again and they double dipped us...I'll take tourneys like this in E all day long...some very good players and some ridiculous defense but we never complained about anyone not being classed wrong...good e teams and the competition was awesome...
Top 3 teams both days in a row - would typically not complain about being classed wrong. take it from me. nobody knows that more so than i.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Star Player

Well i umped both tourneys yesterday. The reebok ball that was beong used for the e was retarded. And by the time the c elim ganes started it was cold enough for everyone to hit the ball hard......i know someone who played three games yesterday in e andx hit a hr in all three!!! Lol......but there was a lot of dead ball outs in the c/d as well....
I umped 9 games yesterday .....talk about fun.....

Jay Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

Default ehhh

i thought it was a great learning experience... yes that ball was a fucking rock and yes i did see the same asa bats being used hitting these missles but it is a great point to bring up that the teams that are so called not E and should be d,c,or b are what we will see in the worlds so i say for the notheast bring on the competition thats the only way to make us all better. and thanks again for the ass beating showtime if any of you guys are on here!!
Old 04-11-2011, 04:23 PM   #10 (permalink)

We lost to double barrel 6-4 or something like that on Sat. We screwed ourselves with ejections of our 1, 4, and 5 hitters for most of the game.

I didn't notice any crazy bats, the ball was just flying. We had guys hit line drives into the top of the double-fence 5-6 times with a Demarini Ultimate weapon and a 375.
Down+Hard is offline   Reply With Quote