General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

35 & Over Worlds Bracket

This is a discussion on 35 & Over Worlds Bracket within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
here you go didnt see it anywhere http://www.usssa.com/sports/Bracket....rnament=408704...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2008, 12:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Bill
Default 35 & Over Worlds Bracket

here you go didnt see it anywhere

http://www.usssa.com/sports/Bracket....rnament=408704

26oz Easton Synergy Flex
26oz Easton Synergy Extended

Email=[email protected]
stick21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 10:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

Name: Max

We went 2-1 today. That team from Maryland base hit the piss out of us. Lot of good teams out there today. I think CK was 2-1. Scene 2-2. Pierce and that MD team were playing as I left so one of them will have a loss. I didn't see a score but I think that MD team could beat them.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

Drove all the way up to play the first 2 outs of the visitor's half of the first inning only to have it called and then an hour later, the loser's bracket was sent home. See ya! Only the 4 winner's bracket teams remained. No reason we had to drive all the way up there today if that's the way they were going to handle the rain.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Nate

it was at the plex did you expect anything other than bullshit max?
n8ss03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Leading Off

It seems that every year the service and reputation of the plex goes deeper in the crapper.

I don't get it, if they want softball out of there, then just pull the plug. Why go through all this bullshit?
Old 10-05-2008, 11:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

I think people sometimes overstate the bs of the plex. I think people overstate the millions that TD's and plex owners supposedly pull down once the staff/umps/upkeep is taken care of. Is the plex as nice as the ones in FL? No but it's as good or better than anything we have up here.

I'm not sure how this one went down but wtih a limited slate today, the plans could have been made clear more early. Put an hour delay or so on and then if conditions don't improve then you shitcan the loser's bracket while most of the local teams are still at home. Might have been able to run one more round last night before the lights were needed. I'm not sure - I wasn't there late to see. I do know that field 5 was empty for half of the day yesterday. Could have eliminated a few most teams then and changed the complexion for today. I'm not behind the scenes so I don't know the here nor there's of all that. I do know that the kids were playing 10 minutes after the wimpy adults came off of the field for rain.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:06 AM   #7 (permalink)

Default Dogs

Disappointed with the whole weekend. Saw umpires that did not know the strike zone or the runner rule(last out or last out of the previous inning) Had two guys thrown out of a game on Sat for standing outside. One guys was picking up the adhesive spray can when he got tossed. It was never explained why ABS, who the the Super 35 last year, was able to play the Major 35 this year. I never complain about who the opposition is, but I you could have upper level players on the roster I would have found some. That also was unclear. All in all, very bad taste with this tourney. That comes someone who supports Utrip as do most of the guys on here.
DOGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
On The Team

Originally Posted by DOGS
Disappointed with the whole weekend. Saw umpires that did not know the strike zone or the runner rule(last out or last out of the previous inning) Had two guys thrown out of a game on Sat for standing outside. One guys was picking up the adhesive spray can when he got tossed. It was never explained why ABS, who the the Super 35 last year, was able to play the Major 35 this year. I never complain about who the opposition is, but I you could have upper level players on the roster I would have found some. That also was unclear. All in all, very bad taste with this tourney. That comes someone who supports Utrip as do most of the guys on here.
i hear ya cuz.. from what i hear from everyone its pretty disappointed.. Talk to you soon cuz

"When we play against the real good teams, I'll pitch and when we play the not so good teams you can pitch". Thanks guy.
Dirty3B20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 03:38 PM   #9 (permalink)

Originally Posted by DOGS
The two games I played and the numerous I watched, the strike zone was radically different from game to game. There were many pitches you just looked back at the ump and wondered what he was going to call. Also, I looked like an ass on one swing. I had a strike and Hicks threw me a laser about chest high. I tried to check my swing and couldn't. Everyone watching and both teams knew I went around, but the ump didn't call shit. A swing and a miss and it wasn't strike three. I just shrugged my shoulders at Hicks waited for his next pitch.

boggsy
Boggsy (Sweitzer #19)
---------------------------------
Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?
boggsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
On The Team

Originally Posted by boggsy
The two games I played and the numerous I watched, the strike zone was radically different from game to game. There were many pitches you just looked back at the ump and wondered what he was going to call. Also, I looked like an ass on one swing. I had a strike and Hicks threw me a laser about chest high. I tried to check my swing and couldn't. Everyone watching and both teams knew I went around, but the ump didn't call shit. A swing and a miss and it wasn't strike three. I just shrugged my shoulders at Hicks waited for his next pitch.

boggsy
hey boggsy pick up your fucking shoes

"When we play against the real good teams, I'll pitch and when we play the not so good teams you can pitch". Thanks guy.
Dirty3B20 is offline   Reply With Quote