Softball Forum - Slow Pitch Softball Forums > Softball Forums > General Slowpitch Softball Forum » 2007 Firecracker Results (no bloody hands in this one)

General Slowpitch Softball Forum Discuss slowpitch topics that don't fit in to other categories here!

2007 Firecracker Results (no bloody hands in this one)

This is a discussion on 2007 Firecracker Results (no bloody hands in this one) within the General Slowpitch Softball Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
I heard that ABS won the top flight as expected. Katama must have caught fire after slipping by Abble Awning ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2007, 02:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

Name: Max
Default 2007 Firecracker Results (no bloody hands in this one)

I heard that ABS won the top flight as expected.

Katama must have caught fire after slipping by Abble Awning on a shaky game ending call because they won the 2nd flight.

When we left the complex, KC Royals, Loose Cannons, and 1 or 2 other teams were still fighting out the lower flight.

When we first lost our "deciding game" to the Goodfellas from NY who apparently have our number, I was pissed because I figured we were going to "the wrong flight". I thought we would have a strong shot at the 2nd flight and would face lesser teams in the lower flight. Not so. Loose cannons played great to beat us today and every game was a dogfight and finally the KC Royals (a C team which shows how strong the lower flight was) put us out of our worn out misery. 9 games this weekend. That's basically akin to a worlds/national level tourney.

I say deciding game because for a team like us, we generally get a game we're supposed to win and then a game we're supposed to lose and then the 3rd game decides whether we go 2nd or 3rd flight. Sometimes we fuck up and win the game we're not supposed to win. This year we fucked up by losing the deciding game we wanted to win.

From everything I can tell, the event was a great success...seemed to be very well organized this year. It looked to be ending in a far more timely fashion than usual which is a miracle itself with that many teams playing.

Thanks to Pete Duffy (Sat) and Brian the SS (today) for helping us out. We didn't have enough bodies this weekend and I know I for one ran out of gas tonight. It may not be visible but this fat fuck lost a lot of lb's last month and a lot of strength went with it (lost it too quickly) and I felt it today.

Shaved/juiced bat of the weekend goes to the laughable CNT Flex the bald guy was swinging for the Demarco team (unless one of you guys has a better example). Guy was shameless to swing that bat after the reaction it got. After the 2nd AB I would let our RF know that this is the guy with the really good bat to try to bust balls but like I said - he was shameless. I really wanted to put my money where my mouth is and protest it but we were playing well against them and I didn't want to break our flow. Not to mention he was making a lot of outs with it but it's by far the loudest most obnoxiously shaved bat of all time. The stands burst into laughter behind me after his first two AB's. Then in his last AB, he showed how classy he is by shooting middle with it at our pitcher's head. Anybody who played against them this weekend or watched them play can back me up on this. It's the one with the tape going halfway up the bat.

How did all the board guys do??? I saw some of you over and over and then some of you not at all.

Old 06-25-2007, 05:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Leading Off

1-2 got spanked by katana and didn't want to go back for sunday since we got home at midnight Saturday

As far as the bald guy What team was it?
Old 06-25-2007, 11:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Star Player

Originally Posted by cuse6189
1-2 got spanked by katana and didn't want to go back for sunday since we got home at midnight Saturday

As far as the bald guy What team was it?
Ditto on the not going back on Sunday. Got back at 12:30.....

Jay Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
Leading Off

I almost fell asleep behind the wheel coming home on Saturday. I saw a few of your teammates walking in as we were playing our 9:30 game and was thinking you guys were coming to watch LOL. Thats crazy 10:30 after starting at 9ish, and Jrueb didn't have to play at all Saturday night WTF.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
SFZ Addict

Name: Kris

We went 0-3 in pool play. We got spanked by Taconic and Timbuktu, but almost pulled off a great comeback against Stateline. (lost by 1) We ended up going 2-2 in bracket play and getting revenge and knocking out Taconic with the help of some shaky calls by the ump. (Sorry Cowboy) Our last game we put up 11 in the 1st but ran out of gas and stopped hitting. I think we ended up losing by about 15 runs or so to Team Mojo i think out of NJ. Its going to take me a day to get rehydrated.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
1st Place Bruins

Sounds like you guys had fun. Maybe I'll get to play next year.
DaveTBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 12:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
eb5

Name: Ed

We (Axxess) started off by going 0-3 in bracket play losing a close one to ABS (40-1) but bounced back later in the evening beating Fonzies and Asylum. We came back Sunday and got shelled by Beamers and the KC Royals team. Fun weekend with some great weather.
eb5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 12:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
SFZ Addict

Originally Posted by DaveTBH
Sounds like you guys had fun. Maybe I'll get to play next year.
I wish i had your #. You would have played yesterday....
Old 06-25-2007, 01:01 PM   #9 (permalink)

I wished I would have been able to play. Looks like everyone enjoyed themselves except for the late games. The one weekend I am actually available and I have an injury.

Originally Posted by Shine 52
The ball is thrown underhanded and comes in at 5 mph.
Originally Posted by Max Johnson
There were a few balls yesterday that got up to 6, 7 and even 8 mph.
Ryno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
SFZ Addict

Originally Posted by Ryno
I wished I would have been able to play. Looks like everyone enjoyed themselves except for the late games. The one weekend I am actually available and I have an injury.
I didn't play any late games because i had a wedding to go to. I am so fucking tired still, i can't even imagine how some of those other guys feel today....