Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2008, 03:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

Name: Max
Default 2009 TPS Triton SB92T

From Old Scout...anybody swing one yet?

http://www.usssa.com/usssa/usssa-general/SB92T.JPG

Hold onto your caps because we're coming back . . . Posted by HB on June 24, 2008, 1:43 pm, in reply to "TPS has not sponsored a major team in a few years it seems.. why?"

A good question. Basically while we have a couple of good bats (Catalyst & Nexus of late) out since the Genesis in 2002, we simply haven't managed to "hit the sweet spot" with a bat that:

(1) Performed as well as or better than our competition.
(2) Broke-in relatively quick.
(3) Satisfied the needs of both the power & singles hitter.
(4) Was good looking enough to catch your eye.
(5) Was durable enough to warrant the investment required for a true high performance bat.

For 2009, we have fully met that challenge with our new Triton (SB92T).

I have not been this excited and confident since we dominated the game with the Genesis (our teams ran rough-shod over the competition).

I have had the pleasure of having our newest model in very limited quantities since mid-May, just got another limited shipment and expect the bat to be available on the market by sometime in July.
The Triton has been swung by a wide spectrum of players from the very best in the game to those who play just above rec league and the universal response to the bat has been outstanding. From 26 ounce to 30 ounce, the players have reported that they love the way it performs right out of the wrapper, that it continues to get better & better (yet is durable), is a great bat for power AND for stroking out singles & doubles and is danged good looking.

I can assure you it is our intention that TPS is about to once again become a true force in the game. You can stand on the sidelines and watch or you can take the opportunity to be a part of it.

In so far as teams and players go, we'll see. I'd love to see as many teams & players as possible swing the Triton, but it all comes down to how many want to swing a truly great bat. We'll see how it all comes out in the wash.

The retail price is going to be $299.95. What kind of deal you strike with the dealer is between you and him.

We will have the non-ASA model (Triton/SB92T) out in quantity by mid-July or so. The ASA model (Triton/SB91T) won't be available until much later, maybe late August or even September (we suffered the same problem most of the industry has - ASA's testing people have been very, very slow in processing our bat submissions).

Old 06-25-2008, 03:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Name: Colby

Originally Posted by Max Johnson
From Old Scout...anybody swing one yet?

http://www.usssa.com/usssa/usssa-general/SB92T.JPG

The Catalyst and Nexus suck balls so there is lie number 1. Number 2 the Genesis was around when the Ultra 1 and 2 were around so don't say that the Genesis series dominated it's time. Most likely another dud by TPS.

Premier/Easton #10
creative10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

The gennie might have done something when the Ultra got banned. They were great but fragile (must be Italian). Jimmy34 loved them.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

The gennie might have done something when the Ultra got banned. They were great but fragile (must be Italian). Jimmy34 loved them.
Maxi I remember when I went down 2 the worlds and watched team TPS play against Team Easton. This was when the Genesis was being used and Easton just got the first batch Synergy's and it was night and day between the 2 teams. Tps had trouble hitting bombs out on the stadium field as Easton was just blowing balls out left and right. It wasn't a bad bat but they just missed the composte technology curve.

Premier/Easton #10
Old 06-25-2008, 03:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

Originally Posted by creative 10
Maxi I remember when I went down 2 the worlds and watched team TPS play against Team Easton. This was when the Genesis was being used and Easton just got the first batch Synergy's and it was night and day between the 2 teams. Tps had trouble hitting bombs out on the stadium field as Easton was just blowing balls out left and right. It wasn't a bad bat but they just missed the composte technology curve.
They had a different composite material. It was a harder more brittle feel kind of. I didn't swing the TPS composites much myself. I liked TPS back in the day but they haven't been relevant for a while now.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
SFZ Addict

Name: Devin

The Catalyst and Nexus suck balls so there is lie number 1. Number 2 the Genesis was around when the Ultra 1 and 2 were around so don't say that the Genesis series dominated it's time. Most likely another dud by TPS.

You apparently have not hit a BROKEN IN Catalyst. My ASA Catalyst is getting pretty damn hot right now.

In My Bag
The Crimedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

They had a different composite material. It was a harder more brittle feel kind of. I didn't swing the TPS composites much myself. I liked TPS back in the day but they haven't been relevant for a while now.
I hear u on that Maxi. They have seemed 2 be one step behind in the Technology department. I swung that Nexus a couple weeks back and it is fucking horrible.

Premier/Easton #10
Old 06-25-2008, 03:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
SFZ Addict

Name: Devin

Right, it was harder and almost felt like a metal bat. You need to try a Catalyst, you'd be VERY impressed.

In My Bag
The Crimedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Originally Posted by The Crimedog
You apparently have not hit a BROKEN IN Catalyst. My ASA Catalyst is getting pretty damn hot right now.
No I have not swung a broken in Caty because I don't know anybody that has had one long enough. No disrespect 2 u Crimedog, if u like the bat and hit it well that is awesome but with the OG Extended's and Flex's out there and even that ASA Virus from last year it would be very low on my preference list.

Premier/Easton #10
Old 06-25-2008, 03:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

No I have not swung a broken in Caty because I don't know anybody that has had one long enough. No disrespect 2 u Crimedog, if u like the bat and hit it well that is awesome but with the OG Extended's and Flex's out there and even that ASA Virus from last year it would be very low on my preference list.
You're not 6'8" 320.