Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2011, 02:48 AM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Dan
Default Demarini Stadium

Just picked one of these up for $170 from a guy who was in a bind and cash strapped. Looks like it has a couple hundred swings on it but in very good condition overall.

Anybody have reviews on these? They are selling in the 250 range on ebay. I don't really need a utrip bat, I'm not putting down the duo anytime soon. Is the stadium worth keeping?

punchtheclown18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Name: ed

Originally Posted by punchtheclown18
Just picked one of these up for $170 from a guy who was in a bind and cash strapped. Looks like it has a couple hundred swings on it but in very good condition overall.

Anybody have reviews on these? They are selling in the 250 range on ebay. I don't really need a utrip bat, I'm not putting down the duo anytime soon. Is the stadium worth keeping?
Stadiums are selling for $250 (NIW shipped) on closeoutbats.com. I can't give much of a review because I never had a chance to hit my Stadium outdoors because I sold it. Bat is stiff and seemed like a good utrip bat, but I picked up the SCX2 for $100 and put $130 back in my pocket.
Stratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:33 AM   #3 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Stratt
Stadiums are selling for $250 (NIW shipped) on closeoutbats.com. I can't give much of a review because I never had a chance to hit my Stadium outdoors because I sold it. Bat is stiff and seemed like a good utrip bat, but I picked up the SCX2 for $100 and put $130 back in my pocket.
Just saw that, looks like they only have .28 and .30 oz stadiums on closeoutbats. This is a 27, seems like ebay 's completed listings are in the 200-250 range. Softball fans has these on their price guide as "used" - $220 to $265.

I think I'll give it a shot at bp, worst case scenario I should end up with my money back.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Star Player

I tried one out because of the hype, was not impressed at all. Put close to 150 swings on it and just didn't like the feel. Duo is best 2 piece out imo
cald24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

A few of us swung it at worlds last year during bat wars and nobody was impressed. The bat seemed stiff and the ball didnt jump off it. I didnt hear anybody there other than Chris Larsen (long haul bomber champ) say they liked it.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks guys, I'm gonna give it a shot in bp this weekend but it will probably end up on ebay.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Name: Brian

I felt the same way about it at bat wars, the ball just didn't come off it like I expected after hearing everything about it. The Demarini Legend is a much better feeling Demo bat and can had for almost half the price.
bpierce208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Leading Off

Name: Mike

Originally Posted by cald24
I tried one out because of the hype, was not impressed at all. Put close to 150 swings on it and just didn't like the feel. Duo is best 2 piece out imo
Didn't leon pick one up in Connecticut last year? I thought I remember him grabbing one and saying that he had heard lot's of good things about it.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Leading Off

Originally Posted by binger19
Didn't leon pick one up in Connecticut last year? I thought I remember him grabbing one and saying that he had heard lot's of good things about it.

That was the Larry Carter model. Is that the legend? Mooney had one too. Never impressed me.
Milo33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 01:49 AM   #10 (permalink)
On The Team

I act liked it a lot. I swung two last year. One at Bat Wars and another from a kid in Bp that would not sell it to me. Post if u can after u use it..... If u wanna sell it please Pm me ........
Diablo21 is offline   Reply With Quote