Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 03:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: jimmy
Default Quick ASA Derby Boys review...

Play in a Florida league with ASA Dudley Thunder SY 44/375's, decent ball...

Well i used it along with my son and a few teammates, BAT IS TROUBLE!!!

It is in my opinion the BEST ASA bat I've used since the SB34 Genesis...absolutely dirty...so insane that we were accused by a team, using everything but stock bats, of swinging a cut stick, no lie...wound up being a crazy night...they were crying about the bat and I just got the damn thing at 4pm from FedEx and of course my son gets involved and tells them to STFU or he's shooting middle, low and behold his next AB lights up the pitcher and things get out of hand...i pitch so I never yap about middle and do it myself a lot, I have a glove and so does the opposing pitcher, I hate when guys cry about shooting middle as it's part of the game, not hitting to hurt but hitting for a hit, especially in 4 man game...

So, to sum it up, the ASA Derby Boys, a 26oz with a slightly noticeable endload feel and whips thru the zone with ease and kills the ever loving crap out of 44/375 synthetic cover balls...GET THIS BAT IF YOU PLAY ASA, just saying!!!

I'm told by ISA I can use it in tourney this weekend and I will put down my beloved Z2000 and Blackout for the ASA Derby Boys, I am so sold on this bat

JIMMY34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: Ken
Default Re: Quick ASA Derby Boys review...

Outhits a Blackout?!

Sent from greatness.

34/30 Club

Repping gloves in NorCal
chrometip78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: jimmy

Originally Posted by chrometip78 View Post
Outhits a Blackout?!

Sent from greatness.
Yes sir and my 26.5 Blackout came directly from Taylormade guys and has been my gamer in USSSA and ISA, can't use ASA DB in USSSA but I can in ISA tourneys and I will be swinging ASA DB in tourneys, we hit BP before game with 44/375's and the ASA DB was best bat out of Blackout, Z2000 and my OG Freak which is stupid...

I don't hype any bat and have ZERO interest in Combat sales but I'm ordering 2 more tomorrow, it's THAT good
JIMMY34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

Name: Kent

Got a 26oz ASA DB, end cap blew off in about 200-300 swings, never got as hot as the hype, sent it in for a wanted. I've seen inside other composite sticks and this looked cheap inside, thin walled up by the cap.
tobenamedlater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:14 PM   #5 (permalink)

Name: jordan

Originally Posted by tobenamedlater View Post
Got a 26oz ASA DB, end cap blew off in about 200-300 swings, never got as hot as the hype, sent it in for a wanted. I've seen inside other composite sticks and this looked cheap inside, thin walled up by the cap.
nooooo, i just won a derby boy on ebay for cheap, it has a receipt and warranty so i guess i can send it back for another but i've never sent in a bat. i'll try it out and see how it hits. what did you tell them to switch it to a wanted?
js_inthehouse is offline   Reply With Quote