Other Manufacturers Discuss and review products from other manufacturers not listed in the main manufacturer forum listing.

Little League Bats

This is a discussion on Little League Bats within the Other Manufacturers forums, part of the Softball Equipment category!
Does anyone have any advice or suggestion about little league bats? My nephew is 10 and has no idea, looking ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2011, 01:17 AM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Dan
Default Little League Bats

Does anyone have any advice or suggestion about little league bats? My nephew is 10 and has no idea, looking to get him a 29/17 (-12) under $100.

Don't care what brand, just not a POS bat. (I'm aware of the composite ban, so hopefully something that he can still use this year).

Appreciate any help

punchtheclown18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: Billy

Try pming chezz87 he will be able to help you
jackpot13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Leading Off

Name: Chezz

PM sent but information for all to read

Are you talking about actual play in little league (vs Babe Ruth or Cal Ripken)? Bat rules are different.

If you are talking about LL, all composite barrel bats are currently banned even if they have the LL approval on them.

Two piece bats where the handle is composite are still approved from what I understand.

Easton and Demarini two piece bats are probably the best at this point but you wonít get this yearís model for that price. Under $150 like softball bats, you arenít going to get much. Maybe you can find a previous yearís model on sale somewhere. Thatís what I do.

Before you buy anything, check littleleague.org and see if they have updated their bat stance.
chezz87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Leading Off

Name: Chezz

Oh and as far as a weight, it really depends on his height and strength. I think -12 is somewhat light if he eventually wants to get to a -3 for school ball in 7th grade but I was also thinking of the future as I knew I would have several bats to buy. Many of the kids who used the -12s, -13s at age 10,11,12 had trouble using a -3 during school tryouts.

At 10 my son used a 28 inch -11 (practiced with a 28"-9)
at 11 he used a 29" - 9
at 12 he used a 30" -9 and a 31" -5 (not in LL).

If you are able to bring him to a place to swing and try it, that is the best scenario.
chezz87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
On The Team

Also check with your league to make sure they are sanctioned by Little League. Not all leagues are believe it or not. And I don't know what he can do for you but Scott DeLorge is an Easton rep for baseball this year also.
Starwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

Name: Dan

Appreciate all of the info fellas. I made sure to check against the composite ban and his local little league which did adopt the policies. This was for actual little league - 10, 11, 12 yr olds. I ended up getting one of last years easton models
punchtheclown18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:58 AM   #7 (permalink)

Some new composites are now allowed.

Heard the Easton Omen is the bat that seems the hottest so far.

http://www.littleleague.org/learn/eq...pbatssmall.htm
Down+Hard is offline   Reply With Quote