Other Manufacturers Discuss and review products from other manufacturers not listed in the main manufacturer forum listing.

Boombah packages

This is a discussion on Boombah packages within the Other Manufacturers forums, part of the Softball Equipment category!
Anyone know what they consisted of for 2007?? And prices??? Just trying to get an idea of what they might ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2007, 02:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Boombah packages

Anyone know what they consisted of for 2007?? And prices??? Just trying to get an idea of what they might be offering this year...and weigh options on some other gear.

JayDub: if i had that bat on Sat morning i could have stuck it in the ground and dried up my field
lombo34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 02:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Leading Off

Name: Mike

We used them for jerseys and pants towards the end of the year and were really happy with the way they came out. I also bought their turfs, which are really comfortable, but some guys bought the elite ones down in FL, and I honestly think those are better. I've heard a lot of guys say their bags are shitty.

We didn't have any package buy in, just paid out of pocket, as usual for us.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

You've heard the Boombah bags are shitty?? Or the Elite ones??

JayDub: if i had that bat on Sat morning i could have stuck it in the ground and dried up my field
Old 10-02-2007, 02:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: Todd

I really think you should see what Elite comes out for with a package this winter. Boombah makes really nice pants. But I just wore a pair of the Elite Turfs the other day and they are incredible. And the Elite roller bag is nice too. Hopefully they'll put something together with the turfs, bag, batting gloves, shirt and hat for a decent price.
Premier/Easton #18
Hater18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 02:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Jeff

I've only had an Easton package. I've had Boombah turfs and they didn't last 3/4's of the season. Comfortable, but not durable. They also have a real soft spot in the arch of the foot.

Do you get a bat w/ the Boombah package? Whats the use in a package if you don't get a bat, just wondering. It's all about the bat. You can buy the other shit pretty cheap, and I would never buy Boombahs again unless you get unlimited returns or something. Literally, I was drilling holes into the side of the leather for lace holes cause they blow out. Boombah pants, although comfortable, blow out as well, and they blow out on the skinny dudes too, so not just the pleasently plump fella's. They have major problems w/ the zippers.
Shine 52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 02:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Leading Off

Name: Mike

I've heard the boombah bags suck.

Doesn't boombah only make one bat, that can't be used in just about any association?
Old 10-02-2007, 03:04 PM   #7 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Hater18
I really think you should see what Elite comes out for with a package this winter. Boombah makes really nice pants. But I just wore a pair of the Elite Turfs the other day and they are incredible. And the Elite roller bag is nice too. Hopefully they'll put something together with the turfs, bag, batting gloves, shirt and hat for a decent price.
I know MoJo has some player packages with Elite gear...is there a regular Elite website??? Without the MoJo connection??? I like what Witte does, bought some hoodies from him this year, but I'm just curious if there's any difference in the gear.

Old 10-02-2007, 04:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Nate

Originally Posted by binger19
I've heard the boombah bags suck.

Doesn't boombah only make one bat, that can't be used in just about any association?

that is correct but its fun to swing in outlaw leagues and tournies ..
n8ss03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 09:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

Name: Max

Rover + 9 is the best pants as far as I'm concerned. Whenever I decide to wear them. The elite turfs do look pretty snazzy.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
Leading Off

Boombah turfs are not what they once were. We had pants and shoes this year for $100 per guy. Panta are nice but turfs don't last. I personally have 3 pair from the old 3N2 days so my turfs are still good since I don't wear them consistently.

Personally I don't think we are going unifrom package next year. We found a good site with dri-fit shirts rather cheap. They do a pretty good job as well.
That with a new pair of Boombah pants and we are all set.

Boombah bags also don't last from what I understand. If anyone is looking for roller bags and carries allot of bats and crap I HIGHLY reccomend the Elite bags. They are like suitcases and by far the best bag I have ever had.
Not sure if Steve Pic is still doing Elite but he was the contact for that stuff.
Milo33 is offline   Reply With Quote