Other Manufacturers Discuss and review products from other manufacturers not listed in the main manufacturer forum listing.

Bat Boys Headhunter?

This is a discussion on Bat Boys Headhunter? within the Other Manufacturers forums, part of the Softball Equipment category!
saw these on the Bay.. says its a double wall alloy, and I've been curious but I can't find a ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2012, 09:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Danny
Default Bat Boys Headhunter?

saw these on the Bay.. says its a double wall alloy, and I've been curious but I can't find a website for them, and very limited info on guys that have "seen" them, but never swung them. anybody know anything about these bats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Capnsavem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Name: B

I have seen them before on the boards. I think Joker had one at one point in time...or was inquiring about them. I forget.
Stork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

hopefully he'll chime in..

Old 10-06-2012, 08:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

If he comes around these parts nowadays.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:14 PM   #5 (permalink)

I just can't believe there's no info on the production on these... I can't find squat! weird..

Old 10-06-2012, 10:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Originally Posted by BatBoys_HeadHunter98
Up for bids is a pre-order for a 2012 BatBoys HeadHunter98 ASA softball bat.It's expected release is Sept.1st but we are working diligently to have it out sooner.The bat in the picture is a prototype and the bat that comes out for the public will be almost identical.This bat is 100% multi-wall composite and has the most advanced composite weave to maximize the trampoline affect for greater distance.The Headhunter 98 also has a 1/2 ounce end load for distance.At Batboys Sporting Goods,we have been around softball for 20+ years and have used all the great bats in the sport and we are confident that our bat will be one of the top ASA bats in the game.The reason for the pre-order is because there will only be 100 1st batch bats made so it will be first come first serve.We are going to try and post a bp video in the coming weeks to show interested buyers what this bat can do.Also please note that this bat will not come with a warranty because of the limited numbers.Thanks for looking and happy bidding.Please note that payments will still need to be made within 7 days.

Says they are being sold out of Manitowoc, Wisconsin. Beer, cheese, WWII submarines and softball bats. Only quality goods come from WI.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 10-06-2012, 11:22 PM   #7 (permalink)

thanks Stork- I found this, says the '13 model is alloy?

"NEW FOR 2013 IS OUR BATBOYS HEADHUNTER 98 LIMITED EDITION ASA SOFTBALL BAT.WITH OUR NEW INNER WALL DESIGN THE HEADHUNTER 98 WILL HAVE BETTER TRAMPOLINE AFFECT FOR EVEN MORE DISTANCE AND DURABILITY.THE ALLOY IS THE SAME MATERIAL THAT IS BEING USED TO MAKE U.S.MILITARY MISSLES.THIS BAT WILL PUSH THE ASA 98 MPH RULE TO THE LIMIT OUT OF THE WRAPPER,NO NEED TO ROLL OR SHAVE THIS BAT.WE ARE ALSO PROUD THAT THE HEADHUNTER 98 IS MADE HERE IN THE USA.THE HEADHUNTER 98 WILL ALSO FEATURE OUR NEW BLACK PAINT .WITH THE HEADHUNTER 98 IN YOUR HANDS YOU WILL BE IN SCORING POSITION WHEN YOU STEP UP TO THE PLATE."

oh well I pulled the trigger and grabbed a 27oz NIW for $40 shipped... I figure it's worth the gamble, and if its crap then not a big loss.

Old 10-07-2012, 04:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
OG SFZ Member

Let us know what you think. $40 is a worthwhile gamble.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:10 PM   #9 (permalink)

ok I'll post a review. should be in this week.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:11 AM   #10 (permalink)

Name: Don

Hey Guys,My name is Don the Owner of BatBoys Sporting Goods and the guy in the videos on youtube as well.The original Headhunter was a great bat and the 2013 model is real good to with better durability.We are hoping to come out with a composite bat soon.We were finally able to set up a site with our bat and video.We are so busy with other work that its hard to travel to promote our bats,thats why Ebay made the most sense for us.If anyone tried our new bat I would like to hear from you. Thanks,Don
batboyssports is offline   Reply With Quote